Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

Is Balota usually camped?

people always recommend going to Balota when spawning to find weapons, so im wondering how safe this place is?

every place with top tier weapons/ airfield/ town with a store will 95% of the time have a sniper rifle pointed at it from a click away. use caution my friend.

Balota = easy way to get great guns earlier

Campers? = been there dozens of times and never seen campers or snipers. only idiots running around flashing their flashlights like no-ones watching

Everything changed when people started spawning with no weapons so it's hard to say. I'm sure a lot of people head to Balota now after spawning who used to go straight for cherno/elektro or into the woods.

Balota Airfield and Military Barracks (4 Deer Stands) are usually camped because it's a great starting place to go to get a decent AK weapon, or better.

I run into people on the Balota airfield a lot. Whether they're campers or just new players who ran straight there from the shoreline, it's hard to say.

As for the small military camp to the right of the airfield, I've been fortunate to loot it about 5 times now without running into a single player. Quite surprising really as I would've expected to run into at least one group of players who have set up camp there.

Generally, I've found the NW airfield barracks to be much worse for campers and server hoppers. People seem to like disconnecting inside the barracks so they spawn there again next time they join a server.

I prefer to just stay at the military camp.

I loot all 4 deer stands, drop the trash somewhere, go inside one of the barracks, and wait for them to respawn.

Repeat.

Of course, sometimes you get surprised by other players :/

It's hit and miss really. Are you feeling lucky? I've probably been through Balota Airfield a hundred times without seeing anyone. I've also died quite a few times there.

I don't know why everyone says to go to Balota. I've been there a few times and not found anything useful other than getting a bullet in my face. No loot, no nothing.

go north east big town, 2 store every thing safe, no one there.

I just finished exploring the entire medical tents + 4 deer stands. No loot at all, just tan cans. Is this common or am I just unlucky?

I don't know why everyone says to go to Balota. I've been there a few times and not found anything useful other than getting a bullet in my face. No loot' date=' no nothing.

[/quote']

You probably didn't go to the right places in Balota.

I was at the airfield earlier tonight. I snuck my way up into the ATC and found a player who was intently watching the stairs. I took cover and used the direct channel to identify myself as friendly, I even lowered my shotgun as a sign of good faith. In the end neither of us shot the other, and now I have an assault pack and an m4. Balota is fine by me.

I was at the airfield earlier tonight. I snuck my way up into the ATC and found a player who was intently watching the stairs. I took cover and used the direct channel to identify myself as friendly' date=' I even lowered my shotgun as a sign of good faith. In the end neither of us shot the other, and now I have an assault pack and an m4. Balota is fine by me.

[/quote']

Quite hard to find nice people tho.

Specially without the Side Channels, people are killing more and more on sight.

the military camp tents are empty , only the 4 deer stands got loots in balota.

meeting someone on the airfield will depend of your luck, but going there will greatly increase the probability of your death

I was at the airfield earlier tonight. I snuck my way up into the ATC and found a player who was intently watching the stairs. I took cover and used the direct channel to identify myself as friendly' date=' I even lowered my shotgun as a sign of good faith. In the end neither of us shot the other, and now I have an assault pack and an m4. Balota is fine by me.

[/quote']

Quite hard to find nice people tho.

Specially without the Side Channels, people are killing more and more on sight.

Yeah, I was honestly surprised he didn't kill me. I totally had the drop on him, maybe he respected that. Either way, it restored a little bit of my faith in the population.

I don't know why everyone says to go to Balota. I've been there a few times and not found anything useful other than getting a bullet in my face. No loot' date=' no nothing.

[/quote']

You probably didn't go to the right places in Balota.

Or someone was faster.

I've been a few times and been sniped twice and had one straight up gunfight where we both died at the same time.