Sign in to follow this  
brokenpixle

Note System. Leave Notes For Players.

Whilst playing DayZ this morning I had an idea to leave my bike somewhere down near the shore with a note telling whoever found it where the key was so they could have it.

I think note leaving would be a great addition to the game as it could lead to quests and treasure hunt type things. 

Simple yet effective tips and stuff could be put on notes and put in loot piles. 

Notes could be crafted from toilet paper and a pen. I don't think it would be too hard to add this in to a mod but I'm not the one who codes them.

The only things that I could see these being used for would be racist/homophobic slurs and ASCII penises.

• Like 8

The only things that I could see these being used for would be racist/homophobic slurs and ASCII penises.

This would be a pretty epic Idea.. I would just leave slender pages around.. But yes It will never see daylight because of this^.

• Like 1

You say that as if there is something wrong with ASCII penises.

You say that as if there is something wrong with ASCII penises.

▄█▀█▀█▄

▄█▀  █  ▀█▄

▄█▀       ▀█▄

█           █

█           █

▀█▄▄  █   ▄█▀

█  ▄▀▄  █

█ ▀   ▀ █

█       █

█       █

█        █

█       █

█       █

▄█▀▀█▄█       █▄█▀█▄

▄█▀▀    ▀            ▀▀█

█▀                      ▀█

█                        █

█           ▄█▄          █

▀█         █▀ ▀█        █▀

▀█▄      █▀   ▀█     ▄█▀

▀█▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄█▀

• Like 3

yep i see that being the case too, besides - doesn't that god-awful 'WarZ' shit have that? WarZ is to DayZ what CoD is to Battlefield, the retarded brother Bilo

• Like 1

yep i see that being the case too, besides - doesn't that god-awful 'WarZ' shit have that? WarZ is to DayZ what CoD is to Battlefield, the retarded brother Bilo

ya warz has that,but I think even if standalone does not have that raido staions are awsome and it will be like fallout new vegas.

Also I think fallout 3 to fallout new vegas, is what warz is to dayz.

Imo (but fallout 3 is not that bad just alot worse then vegas)

ya warz has that,but I think even if standalone does not have that raido staions are awsome and it will be like fallout new vegas.

Also I think fallout 3 to fallout new vegas, is what warz is to dayz.

Imo (but fallout 3 is not that bad just alot worse then vegas)

i would so not as good worse is too strong of a word besides fallout 3 exploration is far better than new vegas strip was disappointing and only remotly intresting was a woods near jacob's town. and maybe sunset susprila factory but lack of places to find with interesting things hurt a game and worst of all no random encounters and no i'm not talking about combat or caravans (but thank god for wild wild west trait kind of fixes that).

on topic though i like this idea kind of like dark souls

• Like 1

As mZLY said, people like to just write bs on 'em. Sometimes people even leave notes with links to cheats and what not. Nasty. Also there is nothing worse for immersion that having some s**t written everwhere. Picture walking into Nwaf and having 50 notes with spam and racism laying infront of you... Yay! ASCII dicks are the least of my worries. But it would be truly epic to have them in game. (the notes, not the dicks :D )

1. I don't think they would be for racist shit entirely, but no doubt there will always be people like that.

2. I know lots of people who would play into the game environment with it.

3. In SA it'd be kinda cool imo if you could leave tape recordings around for others

i would so not as good worse is too strong of a word besides fallout 3 exploration is far better than new vegas strip was disappointing and only remotly intresting was a woods near jacob's town. and maybe sunset susprila factory but lack of places to find with interesting things hurt a game and worst of all no random encounters and no i'm not talking about combat or caravans (but thank god for wild wild west trait kind of fixes that).

on topic though i like this idea kind of like dark souls

I LOVE dark souls cant wait for 2! 

but on the topic of fallout 3 and vegas exloration,I think the trip to the strip is one of the most amazing road trips in gaming,I think lts cool becasuse there is many ways to do it,I Just found  path in black mountin that got me past the death claws and into the filelds outside vegas,it was awsome IMo.

But ya dark sould is awsome! beat it,not as hard as people say,its fair

Edit:ya in fallout 2 how you can find the cafe of broken dreams and find dogmeat is awsome!

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

I LOVE dark souls cant wait for 2! 

but on the topic of fallout 3 and vegas exloration,I think the trip to the strip is one of the most amazing road trips in gaming,I think lts cool becasuse there is many ways to do it,I Just found  path in black mountin that got me past the death claws and into the filelds outside vegas,it was awsome IMo.

But ya dark sould is awsome! beat it,not as hard as people say,its fair

Edit:ya in fallout 2 how you can find the cafe of broken dreams and find dogmeat is awsome!

i agree on that the trip there was great it felt like those old western movies where hero travels across the desert but once i got there i was all like 'bollocks this is what i came for well better just kill Benny'. and death claws in new vegas are not something to fuck with. and sure there was that underground arena there some where don't remember the name. but still lack of funny things to find bothered me a little i still remeber the terminal in fallout 3 where it said 'fuck hhahahahahahaha' or something along those lines and gary vault and other thing was pointless map markers like 'wastedumb' or 'coyotes den' but it had some funny things like doctor who refrence in old world blues 'who turned out the lights' but trip to strip was best part of a game really

• Like 1

Ya i guess it never hits the high of the trip to the strip,but new veges is still my favourite fallout game,two is my second fav!

I have played this game called underrail,its a fallout 1 and 2 style rpg and is only 10$ on steam you should check it out!

Ps.The arena was called the thorn, and the reward for doing the quest there was sex and a shotgun.

That is so fallout!

• Like 1

Ya i guess it never hits the high of the trip to the strip,but new veges is still my favourite fallout game,two is my second fav!

I have played this game called underrail,its a fallout 1 and 2 style rpg and is only 10$ on steam you should check it out!

Ps.The arena was called the thorn, and the reward for doing the quest there was sex and a shotgun.

That is so fallout!

my favs are 1, nv/3 and 2. second had so many references and eastereggs it started get stale and killed it for me

• Like 1

my favs are 1, nv/3 and 2. second had so many references and eastereggs it started get stale and killed it for me

Ya it did get silly in places like new reno when all the gangsters are doing is cracking jokes and making sex jokes if you are waring power armour.

and the game was unblaced you can get power armour in less then a hour.

Also the bozar was too op,I mean holy shit!

And I mean honest who played tatics?(I did,it had to much of a combat focus so it was not that fun.

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

tactics was kinda meh it was pretty boring actually so i didn't finnished it and i have never touched brotherhood of steel for ps2 i herd its worst fallout ever but i can't judge it

• Like 1

i felt fallout 3 was the retarded fallout 2 bro when i wasn't able to kill a npc..

i felt fallout 3 was the retarded fallout 2 bro when i wasn't able to kill a npc..

I would not call it "retarded,I mean it was lesser in things you can do,and in rpg elements, but its not that bad,and the list of people you cant kill is shorter then lets say elder scrolls 4.

I think the notes should come with a censor of the really offensive words. If people were able to bypass, there should be a button while reading the note that should say "report note as offensive" then someone with authority will be known to take care of it.

I think the notes should come with a censor of the really offensive words. If people were able to bypass, there should be a button while reading the note that should say "report note as offensive" then someone with authority will be known to take care of it.

And whose job is it going to be to sort through hundreds of obscene notes every day?

What if admins had some sort of "Note view" or something and could somehow remove any offensive notes. I haven't thought very deeply about this, just spitballing.

call the zombie apocalypse police, somebody wrote a swear word on a piece of paper!!!

And whose job is it going to be to sort through hundreds of obscene notes every day?

That's not my job to think of it, that's just my suggestion.

Perhaps implementing some type of system for it since it is going to be an MMO.. Every MMO has options like these.

call the zombie apocalypse police, somebody wrote a swear word on a piece of paper!!!

I did say Really Offensive Words. Perhaps something along the lines of racism or heavily sexual suggestive things would apply to this.

Edited by TIC321

That's not my job to think of it, that's just my suggestion.

Perhaps implementing some type of system for it since it is going to be an MMO.. Every MMO has options like these.

It kind of is your idea to decide whether or not an idea is actually feasible before suggesting it. And DayZ isn't changing or becoming an MMO... They're switching to more MMO-esque clint/server architecture, that is all.