Sign in to follow this  
LiftCore

Best Current Version of Day Z?

Not technically a new Day Z player, played quite a bit of the Vanilla DayZ and Namalsk for the last few months of last year, got my CD key stolen, which of course was followed by a ban. Ijust waited to get back to it when I got a new PC that could handle there being more than 3 players on screen at a time.

I see now, getting back into it that there are a crap load of different Day Z Mods. Day Z Origins, Day Zero etc. With these versions out is there much point in playing Vanilla DayZ? Are they better in every aspect or just "different"? 

I tried many versions and finally settled on Epoch for my server. The base building while physics defying, is great, being able to purchase safes and sell your found cars for locked cars only you have a key for make the game far better. 

Vanilla DayZ is still the best IMO. :)

1.8 launched recently and it's great.

• Like 6

Epoch and vanilla win it for me. The simpleness of vanilla and the working together in epoch to make a base :)

But just try everything and play what YOU enjoy!

• Like 3

I personally prefer Epoch as it gives better longevity and a  better "end game" (i.e. build a super mega base!)

• Like 2

Epoch has got to be the best at the moment, I would suggest you go for that if you want a "unique" experience 

Vanilla DayZ is still the best IMO. :)

1.8 launched recently and it's great.

agreed completely, i just find things like origins and epoch strenuous and boring - not the kind of gaming i signed up for with DayZ. it is however, as statik mentioned, totally down to personal preference. most of my fellow clansmen prefer epoch over vanilla or any other re-mod.

before 1.8 i played dayzero..now 1.8 all the time...don't know about other mods

Dayzero is cool from and FPS point of view. Vanilla is obviously up there, but I have to agree epoch is pretty awesome. You get the best of all game types. You even get a bit of wasteland style capture the objective type of stuff. It's good.

Vanilla 1.8 is solid.

I have an Epoch server because it entices a friend to play with us. He is an absolute loot whore who likes to gather up tons of resources. The base building portion of Epoch as well as having traders he can sell junk off to makes this play style more fun and viable for him. He will literally go, "What do we need? Oh, building supplies? I'll go loot some industrial spawns. We are low on blood bags... time to go to the hospital." and with the locked safes and base building he can stash his excess for the rest of us. 

I like 1.8 but I like the Base Building. So I play both.

The main reason I like Epoch is self blood bags.

There are some Epoch servers that are just about like Vanilla servers other than bases, traders and sbbags.

before 1.8 i played dayzero..now 1.8 all the time...don't know about other mods

You have to be whitelisted on Dayzero but more than anything else you can donate for good starting loadouts ie pay to win.

Solid responses, cheers guys. I guess I'll probably get back into the DayZ experience through DayZ Vanilla since I'm familiar with it, and check out some of these other ones shortly after.

We run servers for both vanilla and epoch so if you fancy a  few games with some decent folk, shameless plug, check us out ;) 

DayZero is like vanilla DayZ but without all the bullshit and with some cool amendments/additions.

Basically if you wanna play PvP then choose DayZero. If you wanna piss about and have fun in a less serious way choose epoch. Vanilla DayZ is probably reasonably good now that 1.8 came out but the previous big updates nearly ruined it.

Basically if you wanna play PvP then choose DayZero.

Seconded. I mean it's not bad, they've made some nice additions for both gameplay and performance, but it is definitely more of a PvP style mod than Vanilla. I haven't given the others enough of a go to review though.

What's this DayZ Overwatch thing? Again I know it's different but what is special to it? And any good?

We run servers for both vanilla and epoch so if you fancy a  few games with some decent folk, shameless plug, check us out ;)

Haha sure thing buddy, thanks for the heads up.

Play Dayzero. By donating you only get another starting cloth (you donate to get a reserved server slot, not donation perks), which changes absolutely nothing, i.e electricfuneral is wrong.

Dayz 1.8 if you want a worse version with more bugs, including a completely broken animal system :)

Play Dayzero. By donating you only get another starting cloth (you donate to get a reserved server slot, not donation perks), which changes absolutely nothing, i.e electricfuneral is wrong.

Dayz 1.8 if you want a worse version with more bugs, including a completely broken animal system :)

Dude, no I am not wrong. Go to the website bmrf.me (US Dayzero server). $20 gets you an AKS or an M4A1. You can also get a PKP or an Sa-58 for like $25.

Dude, no I am not wrong. Go to the website bmrf.me (US Dayzero server). $20 gets you an AKS or an M4A1. You can also get a PKP or an Sa-58 for like $25.

Like I already pointed out in another thread, the official dayzero hosted by the developers on zombies.nu do not have donator perks. No matter what you pay, you won't even start with a pistol. Everyone starts with nothing. Believe me. I'm not here for fighting, I just hope this can give better insight of the fact DayZero is a fantastic mod and not pay 2 win. It's really poor bmrf are offering spawn loadouts. I'm probably the biggest hater of these sort of stuff. I hope they get boycotted, because this is not what Dayz is supposed to be about.

Like I already pointed out in another thread, the official dayzero hosted by the developers on zombies.nu do not have donator perks. No matter what you pay, you won't even start with a pistol. Everyone starts with nothing. Believe me. I'm not here for fighting, I just hope this can give better insight of the fact DayZero is a fantastic mod and not pay 2 win. It's really poor bmrf are offering spawn loadouts. I'm probably the biggest hater of these sort of stuff. I hope they get boycotted, because this is not what Dayz is supposed to be about.

Im gonna go ahead and try out the zombies.nu server tho I will have 150ms or so.

P2W pisses me off too. And you got to love when they say things like "Just because you pay doesnt mean you win".

Yeah paying for starting loadouts does mean you win when you start out with M4A1 CCO, sit back on high traffic/looting areas and pick people off who are desperate for gear.

Then you have a whole server of people like this and they are all gonna win there gun fights because chances are they are going up against someone unarmed or with a Winchester. And if they do die then who cares they spawn right back in fully loaded.

Sorry for the rant lol.

Just started over again after some months of break. Did they revert all the 1.7.6 changes again? Pretty sad if you ask me. Loot seems way to plentiful in this version, but I have only played like 90min so far.

For me Dayzero is where it's at, but the official vanilla servers don't have much players anymore :( But yeah, for me it's dayzero/vanilla.

Im gonna go ahead and try out the zombies.nu server tho I will have 150ms or so.

P2W pisses me off too. And you got to love when they say things like "Just because you pay doesnt mean you win".

Yeah paying for starting loadouts does mean you win when you start out with M4A1 CCO, sit back on high traffic/looting areas and pick people off who are desperate for gear.

Then you have a whole server of people like this and they are all gonna win there gun fights because chances are they are going up against someone unarmed or with a Winchester. And if they do die then who cares they spawn right back in fully loaded.

Sorry for the rant lol.

Yeah I apologize for that. I visited the bmrf site, seen they gave loadouts for donations and assumed the zombies.nu server was the same.

But yeah I played on the zombies.nu server and its by far the best server ive been on in a long time. Only down side is im on 130-150ms+ but I will take it considering my other options, especially when some of my vanilla servers are low (which is always).

You need a team mate?