Sign in to follow this  
xsyst

Custom Map Loot Problems

Hello fellow DayZmod Community,

I'm back again with a new question after my last issue was resolved by Graphical.

Now I just need a small little answer to the following problem:

I edited the Chernarus Map myself and added stuff like Barracks, Firestations and so on. After merging the original Chernarus Epoch Map with my Map everything ran good on my server, the buildings are where they should be and so on. Only problem, there is no loot in the new added building. I looked up some threads and most of the persons said that NEW buildings won't spawn any loot, with NEW i mean not the usual barracks like they are at NWAF. Since I use the usual barracks its not a new one so the loot should be there but it is not.

Is there any trick our hind that you could tell me? I also read up that I have to edit the mission file with notepad and change for example MAP_barrack to LAND_barrack and after doing that there should be loot. Well I did that to all of my buildings but now they won't even appear on the server.

I hope you can help me

Best regards

XSYST

The above poster is correct. All proper named dayz buildings populate loot. 

Okay, first of all, thank you for your answers and thanks kichilron for that website, this really helps me out.

Now, why won't these "original" LAND_ buildings appear on my editor, everytime I create a building I can only choose "MAP_" buildings, the others don't exist. It is really annoying to rename more then 500 buildings with the Notepad++. Okay only like 100 are enterable and generate loot so I don't have to change EVERY building, but searching all these, damn that tough.

Is there any fix so that I get instant "LAND_" buildings instead of "MAP_" buildings?

Edited by lansucker

Okay, first of all, thank you for your answers and thanks kichilron for that website, this really helps me out.

Now, why won't these "original" LAND_ buildings appear on my editor, everytime I create a building I can only choose "MAP_" buildings, the others don't exist. It is really annoying to rename more then 500 buildings with the Notepad++. Okay only like 100 are enterable and generate loot so I don't have to change EVERY building, but searching all these, damn that tough.

Is there any fix so that I get instant "LAND_" buildings instead of "MAP_" buildings?

How do you place those buildings? Did you download a mod to have them in your editor? If so, that's the reason they appear as MAP_building and the reason they are not recognised by the server that doesn't have that mod installed as well.

How do you place those buildings? Did you download a mod to have them in your editor? If so, that's the reason they appear as MAP_building and the reason they are not recognised by the server that doesn't have that mod installed as well.

Well, I start DayZ Epoch with the DayZ Commander and in the main screen I start the editor. My server itself runs Epoch as well so I guess it should work, our do I have to start the "normal" Arma Version without mods