Sign in to follow this  
Y0shi (DayZ)

TiMz | Weapon Modifications | Crafting | Base Building | Custom VEHICLES & SKINS | High FPS | Low Ping | BEST CUSTOM MOD

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

today I want to present you This is Madness DayZ :) which is an exclusive mod (not available for the public / no public servers). TiMz has been world's first on crafting and weapon attachments and features about 200+ weapons which are customizeable. Furthermore we got other features like base building, more than 20 skins, highly balanced loottables and the best possible environment for REAL DayZ players as well as many new vehicles.

Another prologue:

There are many servers out there which claim to be hardcore but have 3rd person enabled. There are also many servers out there which say that they offer an authentic DayZ experience. Furthermore there are servers who say that they are balanced but have LAVs and automatic grenade launcher Strykers in their release. Most of them servers out there lack of proper performance and have hacking issues. We compromise all these topics - promise on that. We're looking for players who miss DayZ the way it was before it got messed up by people putting 800 vehicles to the map and making it rather Wasteland with zombies than a Survival PvP mod. We love DayZ the way it is and make it better at points we feel have to be improved.

All our features in a nutshell:

• AI spawn events for vehicles: Special vehicles which are the strongest in our environment have events at their spawn. AI is guarding them and you will have a hard time trying to grab a armed Vodnik (our Vodnik got nerfed big time so that it's certainly not OP).
  • In general our AI is hand-scripted and therefore very challenging. You will most certainly - if you have never played ACE events with headless clients - meet a better and more realistic enemy in facing an AI.
  • We got superior performance: Between regular ArmA (empty map) performance and our mod there are barely 8 FPS difference. If you measure this yourself you won't believe this number.
  • We got new vehicles: M240 humvee, Mi17 modified, Vodnik or Jackal - you name em' With everything we introduce we do a lot of testing to make sure it definitely fits our gameplay style and is not overpowered to take down.
  • Want a new dress? We have more than 20 custom and vanilla ArmA skins implemented which you can find in all kinds of loot buildings. Industrials drop authentic skins as well as a crashsite might drop something more special for you!
  • Balanced gameplay is a big topic for us. We really really take care of stuff being put in and taken out as well as always keeping track of the loottable. When we feel like crafting is too hard (like very much too hard), we nerf it quickly. If a vehicle is like indestructable we take away some armor to make it more realistic (Mi17 is a perfect example: This thing is almost not possible to take down on Retail servers).
  • Whitelisting: People we have knowledge of being hackers or bad people in general stay out - from the beginning. We got many obstacles in a way of hackers and other bad people (more about that later) but the first step is writing an application which describes you / and your team. We decide by taking a loot at this if you fit for our environment. Don't get scared: Most people do but from some people we can just expect to see bad behaviour and so we put an end to this right from the start.
  • Anti-Hacking: We have different types of surveillance. Log based (self-coded), manual admin cameras, self-acting cameras (self-coded) and more. This makes it very hard for hackers to stay like "under the radar" for a longer period. We cannot say that we're 100% at any time of the day but we can say for sure that you won't encounter less hackers anywhere else ;) If some kid makes his way through our barriers and mass damage is inflicted we recover the database and your gear will be back in seconds!
  • Base Building: Yep, you can construct whole bases consisting of concrete walls, wells, sandbags, bunkers, booby traps and more. Like 99% of our features this is also self-coded or rather modified in a larger scale (original credits to Daimyo). We don't take chances by implementing many 3rd party scripts.
  • Advanced crafting: You can craft backpacks, bandages, and other survival gear. Combine some leather and linen shreds to upgrade your Czech Backpack to an Alice Backpack. Just like that. We plan on implementing many more recipies you can craft.
  • Large Weapon Variety: With over 200 weapons from more than 4 weapon packs we have definitely more weapons than you can ever carry ;)
  • Weapon Attachments: This goes together with the last point. By having over 200+ weapons you can customize nearly any weapon the way you want to. Found an ACOG scope in the baracks? Well, put it to your M14 and get a M14 ACOG. Put a sniper scope to the M16 and you will get a Mk12 SPR. You can nearly do anything you want with the attachment system of TiMz.
Another huge benefit of our mod is - as mentioned in the beginning of this post- that it's exclusive. Noone else than my team will ever host a TiMz server. We don't want anybody to ruin our quality standards or run a server on slacky hardware. Our mod is meant to be the paradise for dayz players searching for an authentic experience :) And this already leads me to my last points.

Is TiMz the right mod for me? It definitely is if...

• you search for an environment where you / and your team can play without all these bullshit rules like "Don't shoot friendlies" - our rules tell you how to behave on a communication basis, they don't tell you what to do ingame
  • you want to play in a hostile environment where only the best teams and singleplayers stand a chance: Many teams coming to us keep crying about getting smashed by highly tactical manouvers and teams specialized on taking you out - soon later they themselves become much better teams because TiMz is frikkin challenging
  • you want exciting sidelining features besides everyday shooting business: Crafting and base building give you many things to do when your mates are offline or the daytime is quite unusual for being online :)
  • you're tired of all these Wasteland like, laggy bullshit servers where hackers smash the shit out of you and your team
  • you're tired of servers where you are forbidden to shoot somebody in the face because of crappy stuff like "safezones" where "traders" stand around like it's honey moon in the middle of a zombie apocalypse
  • you love being a bandit and you're not always looking for friendly Bambis giving you some ingame aid (of course we're not a bunch of aggresive hyperactive retards and friendly actions also exist on TiMz, they are rare though)
  • you want to point your middlefinger in the face of corpses you just shot (yeah that's really possible ;) )
If you think this might be the right mod for you, give us a shot. It won't cost you checking it out and if you're the kind of player we're looking for you will love it immediately. Last but not least we're always looking for creative people. If you have any ideas which can make TiMz a better place for you to be, share them! We're always open and friendly towards people discussing in the forums about eventual changes. This is actually your chance to actually influence a mods' development.

Visit us at: http://www.hello.tim-dayz.eu/

Note: We don't want to insult any other server by the statements above. We just don't like how DayZ is being mistreated. We don't name any mods so don't feel like being spoken bad about :)

Edited by Y0shi
  • Like 1

I can very happily say that TiMz is most likely THE best mod for DayZ I have ever played. Naturally I was never overly exited with the mods that are out there and spent most of my time in DayZ on vanilla & publichive servers. But TiMz has this certain hardcore feeling to it that some say went missing over the time. It brings us back to survival and yet you can quite enjoy it, because it feels right. Not overloaded, simply enjoyable. If I were you I would try to give it a go. :-)

• Like 1

found it, played it and i love it B)

and i'm not saying this because i'm cMod on TiMz ^^. Played like half a year until i became a Mod :)

Edited by Chrizzlybaer
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words: To all people interested in this project - we really try to answer every question as quickly as we can :) So if you wanna know something, just ask!

I found my home in TiMz after redux died out back in the days. I've always been interested in hardcore, first person only pvp and TiMz was even better than redux. I've been playing this mod nearly since the beginning and I've already made a post here a while ago, saying how awesome it is and what you will get there. Now, the new patch is out and it's even better than before. It's by far the best mod I've ever played.

• Like 1

Definitely the deadliest DayZ mod out there. And most likely the best community as well. This is where you want to spend your time while you wait for the Standalone, and maybe even longer, since we will host Standalone servers as well ;)