Sign in to follow this  
mullins09

Dayz Official server hiding files?

hey, i was wondering how to make it so when people join my server they dont have to download all my scripts that are in my mission.pbo to the appdata folder. this also prevents people from just taking my files and running it on their servers.  its now like 1256kb and is becoming a bit annoying to download everytime i join server. i have seen other people do this. is this possible?

i am running an Official hive v1.8

My suggestion? Don't use scripts.

Or at the very least, use less.

My suggestion? Don't use scripts.

Or at the very least, use less.

I didn't ask for a suggestion. I asked for a solution. I don't have many scripts. Just debug and loading screen. Loading screen being the majority of the download

I want people who join my server to not only have all the cool features but a quick loading time. And if it is unnecessary for my players to download such a file then I will at least try to figure it out. I have seen other servers do this so it must be possible

I didn't ask for a suggestion. I asked for a solution. I don't have many scripts. Just debug and loading screen. Loading screen being the majority of the download

Open the loading screen in your video editor, save it at a lower color bit or something to reduce the file size.

I don't have many scripts. Just debug and loading screen. Loading screen being the majority of the download

If the loading screen and a debug monitor are really the only things you added to the server noone will even be interested in taking that from you. If you're trying to hide the fact that you've got admintools on your server and people shouldn't have the ability to check up on that - shame on you.

And yes - you can in most cases locate your "custom scripts" in the serverfiles - you would just have to know how or know who knows how.

If the loading screen and a debug monitor are really the only things you added to the server noone will even be interested in taking that from you. If you're trying to hide the fact that you've got admintools on your server and people shouldn't have the ability to check up on that - shame on you.

And yes - you can in most cases locate your "custom scripts" in the serverfiles - you would just have to know how or know who knows how.

Or just you know, dont put your damn admin tools in you rmission.pbo....

Edited by lobo

Or just you know, dont put your damn admin tools in you rmission.pbo....

Like I said: