Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Work with me here..

Ok. 

My partner has had this issue for a while were she gets timed out when joining our old server. 1.7.7.1. She could join another 1.7.7.1 server no worries so we thought wth, nobody had been able to help so we ditched the original server.

Now we both update to 1.8 as the server has updated .. she then gets this issue on the current server. Nothing else had changed. Just the update. We have checked and she has the exact same files as me. We have verified cache. She has reinstalled game, armaII and op arrow. She has the current be.

She rolled back to 1.7.7.1 and cannot now join any servers that are running it. Rolls up to 1.8 again ..times out on every server at the last loading screen and has to force close. So she is totally Dayzless..and most annoyed :) 

My plan was - should she download 1.60 and 1.62 game patches and apply them ? I am at a total loss and it seems so is anyone i speak to about this.

The only difference we had was i updated manually as i always do , she updated via commander. But like i said, we checked the files and have the same files and if it was a commander issue with their files then everyone would be having the same issue..one would think. Plus she did the verify cache via steam.

I don't know if the 1.60 and 1.62 thing will stuff shit up but what else can she try ? It's all i got after we have been trying to solve this issue for months.

• Like 2

Hello there

Good grief! you still have this issue?

I cant help directly but hopefully someone can.

Guys and girls, what do you think?

Rgds

LoK

Yes i know lol :) 

Seems a lot of people still do by reading the long running thread above as well :) It makes no sense seeing as how she was fine and then by running a 1.8 update through commander it went blaaaaaagh. 

Turn it off at the wall, wait five then turn it on again :lol:

Nah sorry i just realized i have two thumbs

That is a tough one, the only possible thing I can think of is deleting Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from her appdata(make sure to back it up just incase).

Then verify integrity on both of the games.

This may work because re-installing the games has no effect on the the files stored in appdata.

I used this to fix some weird connection issues I had with a game a few years ago.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

That is a tough one, the only possible thing I can think of is deleting Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from her appdata(make sure to back it up just incase).

Then verify integrity on both of the games.

This may work because re-installing the games has no effect on the the files stored in appdata.

I used this to fix some weird connection issues I had with a game a few years ago.

Hope this helps!

So that will just replace the app data then and not download the entire install ? I only say this because she is on a plan that only allows 8 gb per month :)  

When we did her full reinstall (twice now) we did it on the last day of the month so it still allows high speed and does not cap it until 12.00. So even though she had under a gig left she can grab that 17gig before it rolls ;) . Then of course the month rolls over and she gets her 8 gig back.

snip

So with most games the appdata files are not at all tied with the games initial install and are created the first time you launch the game(or make a game save), which I think may also be the case with the arma games but I'm not entirely sure.

Just in-case I recommend verifying the game cache after deleting those files(she is using steam correct?).

If anything this will only re-install the files in appdata, which together are just a little over 50mb.

She will of course need to launch both games first in vanilla before trying to run any mods.

-I should have been more clear with the first post, that's what you get for giving tech advice right after waking up from a nap.-

• Like 1

Ok all cool :)  and yes it is through steam.

Will report back tomorrow on how she went. Fingers arms legs and eyebrows crossed.

mmm last week i had problems with joining SOME servers(endless loading/endless receiving data)..i thought they had problems updating files or something and switching servers i found some i was able to join.

this week i'm fine..updating from a different version than 1.7 seems a smart idea you can try without loosing too much time..

do a manual install like you do ... I know , I know. it may do nothing, but computers are mysteries at the best of times...usually the odd shit or the most basic works, good luck :)

So with most games the appdata files are not at all tied with the games initial install and are created the first time you launch the game(or make a game save), which I think may also be the case with the arma games but I'm not entirely sure.

Just in-case I recommend verifying the game cache after deleting those files(she is using steam correct?).

If anything this will only re-install the files in appdata, which together are just a little over 50mb.

She will of course need to launch both games first in vanilla before trying to run any mods.

-I should have been more clear with the first post, that's what you get for giving tech advice right after waking up from a nap.-

Ok this is what i got from her this morning :) 

I just dragged Arma and ArmaOA folders out of the steam apps folder onto desktop, so there were no files.

Not sure if that is classed as the AppData, cause I couldn’t find an a file called that and looked it up on net and they said it wasn’t actually a file. So did I do it right? They are the only folders I thought would make any difference, and when I checked after I did the verify, all the files were back there, so must be the right way. If not, I dunno where to go find the AppData…

verify’d it overnight, went into both Arma and ArmaOA through steam this morn, then had to update in Commander, then tried to go into a 1.8 server, but didn’t even go to logby, just came up with that profile and exit screen…? Have another look tonight I guess…hmmm

Just wondering, to me it sounded like - just came up with that profile and exit screen - that she needed to make a profile first?

Just wondering, to me it sounded like - just came up with that profile and exit screen - that she needed to make a profile first?

Your computer appdata isn't really easy to get at.

You need to hit Windows+R(to open the run program), then type in appdata.

Hit enter and you will get to the appdata folders(which are hidden by default).

Then just find all the Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA files back them up and then delete them.

Sorry for not being more clear about it before, I sometimes forget that the appdata files aren't common knowledge.

Edit: Phrasing

Edited by Rarabka233
  • Like 1

Ok cool , thanks :) 

She just got back to me..steam redownloaded the whole install again so she is not a happy camper :)  she has to wait until the 21st to have any net available again at a speed faster than dial up.

She officially hates Steam..welcome to the list :D

Wooot ! Finally solved :) 

Thanks heaps to Rarabka223  :thumbsup:

It did involve a full reinstall which she had done a few times previously with no joy, but it must have been deleting the appdata that finally solved it.

Hopefully this thread can help a few who get the same problem and have to force close and never work it out, i found a ton of people all over the web in various forums and such who have given up with this exact issue so hopefully a google search leads them here.

Just to verify, I need to re-install Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA along with removing the appdata files?

You need to hit Windows+R(to open the run program), then type in appdata.

Hit enter and you will get to the appdata folders(which are hidden by default).

Then just find all the Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA files back them up and then delete them.

When my partner was doing it she did have to reinstall, run both and then reinstall the dayZ mod. That did the job for here :)