Vicco

Tip of The Day

Never shoot out hospital windows. Waste of ammo.

One round to the sign on the right side of the doors breaks the windows.

Every time. Mo matter what gun you use.

Don't know if an axe or other melee weapon works on the sign.

I see YT "pros" breaking windows or sometimes failing while wasting ammo.

Don't know if version matters. I've only played 1.7.6 and 1.7.7.

The hospital is one of the few spots safe from zeds. They won't enter.

You can stand inside and pick off zeds at your leisure.

Same with standing beside a "non-destroyed" chopper.

Zeds won't come close enough to hit you. They're sitting ducks.

It's mainly because ammo at the moment is so plentiful that wasting a few rounds doesn't really matter all that much.

When the standalone comes this will be a lot better for new players, especially with ammo apparently being so rare.

So you're saying that shooting one round at a window is wasting ammo compared to shooting one round at a sign.

Like this: one > one

Edited by narkoman14
  • Like 3

It's mainly because ammo at the moment is so plentiful that wasting a few rounds doesn't really matter all that much.

When the standalone comes this will be a lot better for new players, especially with ammo apparently being so rare.

Hopefully in the Standalone there will be no "safe zones" (i.e. Hospitals and heli rotors)

Hopefully in the Standalone there will be no "safe zones" (i.e. Hospitals and heli rotors)

You forgot Docks

• Like 1

I think if they fix that it will be one of the best updates to date - the real reason nobody bothers about the zombies is that they are easier to avoid - hide in a bush, go indoors, go on a dock or under a chopper - that's far too many opportunities to get a way which trivialises the game as soon as you get a decent weapons.

The whole 'walking slower in buildings' I can live with, especially in the standalone where ammo will be scarce, it will force people into melee combat a lot more - but all the other safe spots I'd be happy if they were totally removed, there is no real place for exploiting the current Arma II engine in the standalone by preventing the zombies from moving 'into' the tree model or chopper model.

Once they are a real threat I'm going to assume that people will be forced to be a lot more friendly, they might want to shoot you but are they going to risk attracting all the zombies if they have limited ammo?

does no one still use tin cans?

Come on guys!tin cans are the best! 

we need more servers that start you with a tin can instead of a damn dmr

• Like 1

In SA i think the only PvP reduction will be those who look like bambi's, shooting someone dead and wasting a few bullets on a couple zombies will almost always pay off in the sense that you will loot more than you distribute.