Sign in to follow this  
Anton17

Why am I able to see an invisible admin?

I was just banned from a server when I could see an admin who claimed to be "stealthed".Other users could not see him but I could. I am running 100% vanilla DayZ installed through steam (DayZ Mod) and ran through Steam.

I have been playing for about a year so I know all the ups and downs. But I am hoping to get unbanned since I'm being falsely accused as a hacker. Has anyone experienced this or might know why I could see an invisible admin?

erm

Sounds like a fluke, or the admins hack wasnt working right (haha)

Who knows.

• Like 2

As leviski said, badmin probably broke his hack, just try and get in contact with him and say it must have been a bug, hackers dont make ban appeals but legit players do, he will probably unban you.

He said he disabled and re-enabled the cloak but I was still able to see him while others apparantly could not.

Having said that I just spoke to one of the guys I was with and he said he could see him too :/. He was a new player so he didn't know what was going on. There is hope!

erm

Sounds like a fluke, or the admins hack wasnt working right (haha)

Who knows.

He said he disabled and re-enabled the cloak...

Dude, dont play on servers where admins "cloak"! wtf?!

I strayed unwittingly into a private hive server once, as it had vanilla credentials in the name, DE 4319.  I posted about it ages ago in a topic about a script hack ... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/126529-why-you-no-love-me-anymore-error/#entry1256456

After being spawned in the sky and inevitably going splat on the floor, I noticed ArmA 2 squad icons in the HUD and an objective icon over 20km away, on what I could only assume was Lonely Island.  I persevered and spawned back in to recover my gear (which I eventually managed to do).

Basically a player with no skin was somehow running around following me.  The shadow on the ground and floating weapon (when brandished) kind of gave the game away.  Once I had my gear back I logged out with sigh of relief.

I don't really get your hate "don't play on servers where admins cloak", "admins hack", "badmin".

Active admins with "hacks" as you like to call it are the best antihack that server can have. All admins who have any extra "abilitys" on this server, are not playing the game. They are there only to provide hacker free server for other players and help out with glitches.

This matter in question has been dealt and sometimes there is collateral damage, but its better be safe than sorry.

Edited by sukkaed

I don't really get your hate "don't play on servers where admins cloak", "admins hack", "badmin".

Active admins with "hacks" as you like to call it are the best antihack that server can have. All admins who have any extra "abilitys" on this server, are not playing the game. They are there only to provide hacker free server for other players and help out with glitches.

This matter in question has been dealt and sometimes there is collateral damage, but its better be safe than sorry.

In a perfect world that would be true but in reality it is not.

There are countless servers where admins cheat and use tools AND play the game, giving them a seriously unfair advantage over other players - not to mention the ability to locate any player on the server and spawn items.

Yeah it's sad but true, I've been on many servers where admins hack or have their own "admin tools" which are not actual hacks but their own or purchased scripts server side

I've had admins find me plenty of times when there is no way they could, example is a whole squad approaching and knowing exactly where I was hiding just because I walked into their base

Had the admins openly admit to cheating and had them stalk me because I ran over their friend who shot at my car, they ten teleported to me over and over until I left the server