Ronburgundyy

Free Public Vent - VOIP Solution!!!!

Hello!

As a DayZ player, and a staff member at the WoW Public Vent I am here to extend an invitation to the DayZ community to make use of our FREE Ventrilo Server. 

Alittle about the WoW Public Vent:

The WoW Public Vent is a FREE public Ventrilo server that has been serving the WoW community for nearly 7 years. And today, we would like the DayZ community to also make sure of our free service. Our Vent servers run custom licensed software from Typefrag that allows us to be the largest vent server in the world with a user count limit that well exceeds the 400 user limit all other vent servers in the world are restricted by. On average our servers can see user numbers well exceeding 500 people at any time during the day or night.

The WoW Public Vent is the brain child of Rathamus of Nathrezim on WoW. Rathamus founded the Public Vent to provide a positive environment and community for all those involved in any aspect of online gaming. The Public Vent is solely funded by Rathamus himself, and through contributions and donations from users.

Services we offer:

• Over 100 general use open to the public channels.
  • Private channels for any group / clan / guild who requests one.
  • Privately hosted channel owners can: create rooms, kick users, ban users, and much more under their channel root
  • Heavily moderated by a dedicated volunteer staff (trolls will be met with IP bans)
  • Server redundancy and advanced DDOS protection

Our rules and policies:

The following behaviors are not permitted or tolerated:

• Intentionally disrupting other users of the vent (Trolling).
  • Innappropriate/extensive login names, posing as vent staff.
  • Innappropriate comments.
  • Harassment of any kind.
  • Advertising for personal gain/profit.
  • Attempting to scam users.
  • Switching through channels rapidly.
  • Abusing the chat functions.
  • Rapid connects/disconnects.
  • False Reports / Abusing the Report function.
  • Manipulation of Vent Staff (dodging bans, bypassing channel locks).

Etiquette: 

• With over 500 users logged into the server at any given moment we ask that users do not randomly join channels and interfere with other users or disrupt their conversations or game play.
  • If you would like to find players on your server and join the vent together, or join the server with your guild / clan members we encourage you to do so!
  • Please do not join rooms that previously have players in them and interupt their game play, this will result in your ban from the server. Users are encouraged to use any empty room withen the server for their own uses.
  • If you would like a FREE private channel within our server please contact any user with any of the following tags in front of their user names: [<<Vent Founder>>] [<<Administrator>>] [<<Moderator>>] [<<oQ Support>>]. Or join the channel labeled VENT Support, and ask for assistance.

We ask that users playing DayZ please join any of the Channels Labeled Room 0 - Room 125, That are under the oQ Skynet Channel Header.

If the DayZ community were to grow on the server we would be willing to create a sub section on the server specifically for DayZ Servers and Players.

Please post any question, comments, or concerns here or feel free to pm me!

I hope to see some of you on the vent!

Server Information:

Server: wow.publicvent.org

Port: 4135

Edited by Ronburgundyy
  • Like 1

Hidden text

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine. 

Edited by Inception.

Hidden text

You get used to him

Edited by Inception.

Hidden text

Someone must have not let him have any of the sweet lemonade... mmmm sweet lemonade.

Edited by Inception.

That just reads like "Blah blah blah, sales pitch.." to me.  We already have Teamspeak for this, what makes yours any better? Please, try to keep it to one paragraph, I have a short attention span.

Well then go use the team speak, this is just an alternative solution. We are a free service, we get NOTHING from anyone ( including you ) from using our server, it will actually cost use more money if more people start using the vent. 

Whats better about our server?

We heavily moderate it to limit the impact of trolls, and we offer either public and private channels where the owner of the channel can create new channels, ban people, etc etc. 

This pretty much happens to trolls:

ilUcucf.gif

Hell its FREE, I didnt know offering a free service was such a crime. 

Edited by Ronburgundyy
  • Like 1

Can we please drop the Pitch forks and rope, he is offering a FREE service. Not holding a gun to anyones head..... Thank you for the heads up Ron

• Like 1

Can we please drop the Pitch forks and rope, he is offering a FREE service. Not holding a gun to anyones head..... Thank you for the heads up Ron

Conky is correct.

i felt violated until i realised it wasn't a pitchfork poking me , just a friendly forum member..

• Like 1