haywardgb

Q: How to: Difficulty Veteran with Names shown when talking in sidechat?

Does anyone know how to display player names when they talk in sidechat while difficulty settings are on Veteran (I can get it to do this as regular, but anything higher and it's not an option).  This is for an official hive btw.  Alternatively does anyone know how to turn off VOICE in sidechat completely but still allow them to type messages? 

Many thanks in advance.

SOLVED (Turn Voice off but still allow Vehicle and Direct): 
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148478-q-how-to-difficulty-veteran-with-names-shown-when-talking-in-sidechat/#entry1476274

Edited by urbanskaters

You want to look into your config files and under each difficulty there is a brief config for it.  Go to the difficulty option you select [veteran] and change the option "vonID=0" to "vonID=1" and it will show the playername when they key their mic. 

File is the reality.arma2oaprofile config file (where difficulty settings live)

Cheers,

Jimmy

Should look like this:

vonID1.png

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 1

Those settings don't exist anymore. I've already tried that, my cfg only has the following: 

version=1;blood=1;singleVoice=0;gamma=1;brightness=1;shadingQuality=7;shadowQuality=3;maxSamplesPlayed=32;sceneComplexity=300000;viewDistance=1600;terrainGrid=10;volumeCD=6.5;volumeFX=8.5;volumeSpeech=5.5;volumeVoN=6.5;vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

I'm running on Official Dayz Hive, not Private.  My old private server had those settings you mentioned, but in the official hive they took them out.  I'm just trying to find out where those settings are now found.  Thanks

Solved:

It's now in the server_cfg.cfg 

disableVoN = 0;

Change the 0 to 1 .  

I'll try it and let you know if it works.  

Edit: Works like a charm, on any difficulty level.  Players can still talk in Direct and Vehicle   :)

Edited by urbanskaters

As far as disabling VON, sure this is an easy fix.  I was under the impression we were looking to have vonID=1 so you could see who was talking in side ;-)  

Just updated my server and in the users folder the old aoa profile has been replaced with this:

reality.ArmaA20Aprofile 

shadingQuality=7;shadowQuality=3;singleVoice=0;maxSamplesPlayed=32;sceneComplexity=300000;viewDistance=1600;terrainGrid=10;volumeCD=6.5;volumeFX=8.5;volumeSpeech=5.5;volumeVoN=6.5;vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

The VonID=1; isn't in there and I'm wondering why they changed the old profile layout and where do I now put VonID = 1; .. Because the fix at the top of this page actually breaks direct chat for some people :(