Johnnytorrance

Assistance with Scripts and Patch 1.8

So with the previous patch, Patch 1.7.7.1, scripts were easily added by manipulating the Mission and Server PBO most of the time. I got 1.8 installed on my server and thru DayZ commander and it comes up fine. I tried to see what my new PBOs look like and holy smokes its not even remotely the same.

My new Mission PBO is bare. my new init.sqf only has this code.

startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//Server Settings
dayZ_instance = xxx; // The instance
//dayZ_serverName = "UKxxxx"; // Servername (country code + server number)
dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 1; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 1;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 1; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"

If youre familiar with the Mission PBO init.sqf you'll notice a huge difference. Im tryin to install my Scripts, SARGE AI, auto-refuel, Helo lift, Self bloodbag.

Does anyone know how to add the scripts now?

The best thing to do is to extract the init.sqf, description.sqf and mission.sqm from dayz_code\system\mission.  Then copy everything that is in those individual files you extracted and paste it to the bottom end of all the respective files in your mission pbo.  DO NOT just copy over the files in the mission PBO!  They are not complete!  You MUST add the code from the files in the dayz_code pbo into the mission files.  That will complete your normal mission files and place them in one, easily-accessible location.  From there, edit as normal.  

I can tell you from experience that the self blood script does not work in 1.8 as it sits.  It needs edited to remove the combat check.  Check the discussion thread on OpenDayZ about the script and it will provide instructions.

Also, with SargeAI, make sure to edit the weapons used (in SARconfig.sqf) for the various classes of AIs, as some of the weapons defined may or may not be active. 

• Like 2

so on the init.sqf, just copy the init.sqf from dayz_code and start it on the very next line after:

then do the same to the rest?

Here is how i set it out.

Change :

to:

#include "init2.sqf"

then go to "\dayz_code\system\mission" and copy init.sqf, rename the copied version to init2.sqf and move it into your mission PBO, 

now the mission will call the editable version instead of the directory version.

Just do this for all 3 files.

Edited by Dienark7

Oh, so instead of adding the dayz_code init.sqf/description/mission to the server side files, just make a copy of the day_code files in my mission PBO labeled as you said? Then manipulate those as needed? Sounds easy enough.

The best thing to do is to extract the init.sqf, description.sqf and mission.sqm from dayz_code\system\mission.  Then copy everything that is in those individual files you extracted and paste it to the bottom end of all the respective files in your mission pbo.  DO NOT just copy over the files in the mission PBO!  They are not complete!  You MUST add the code from the files in the dayz_code pbo into the mission files.  That will complete your normal mission files and place them in one, easily-accessible location.  From there, edit as normal.  

I can tell you from experience that the self blood script does not work in 1.8 as it sits.  It needs edited to remove the combat check.  Check the discussion thread on OpenDayZ about the script and it will provide instructions.

Also, with SargeAI, make sure to edit the weapons used (in SARconfig.sqf) for the various classes of AIs, as some of the weapons defined may or may not be active. 

You wouldnt happen to have a new list of compatible weapons for the AI? i do get an error on occasion for an SVD and the sniper skin but I see the AI with the sniper skin on. I even removed that skin as droppable loot by a sniper. hmmm.

Change :

to:

#include "init2.sqf"

then go to "\dayz_code\system\mission" and copy init.sqf, rename the copied version to init2.sqf and move it into your mission PBO, 

now the mission will call the editable version instead of the directory version.

Thanks bro. Got my scripts to work. All are doing good except not sure what happened to my AI Chopper Patrols. always thought it was intresting to watch the AI battle each other.

You wouldnt happen to have a new list of compatible weapons for the AI? i do get an error on occasion for an SVD and the sniper skin but I see the AI with the sniper skin on. I even removed that skin as droppable loot by a sniper. hmmm.

Here is my config file for the Sarge AI.  Check the weapon loadouts and skins and edit as needed for your server.  Enjoy!  :)

SAR_config.zip

Hey there, I too have the same problem with getting scripts to work from 1.7.7.1 to 1.8.

I have been following what Dienark7 said but when I open my init.sqf I can't find the include line mentioned anywhere. The line at the bottom of my init.sqf looks like this:

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

I have looked at the init files from both the dayz.st original download and the one in the dayz_code on my pc. Both finish with the same line. Am I missing something? Is it contained in a different file or something?

Any help you can give would be great, thanks

Andy  :thumbsup:

Change :

to:

#include "init2.sqf"

Ok so I too followed this, although my init.sqf doesn't have the line quite like yours so I just added it beneath the last line of my fine. I then copied and renamed the three files (mission, init, description) and placed them in the pbo mission folder. Then I added back in, my admintools, refuel and bloodbag scripts, checked the paths, repacked it and uploaded it.

Hey presto, it worked..............well kinda!  The self blood comes up with the menu but nothing happens when you click on it. Also the game goes really laggy when I'm using multiple elements of the admintools feature. Other than that it works ok.

Has anyone else had any similar problems and has a workaround?

Andy

Ok so I too followed this, although my init.sqf doesn't have the line quite like yours so I just added it beneath the last line of my fine. I then copied and renamed the three files (mission, init, description) and placed them in the pbo mission folder. Then I added back in, my admintools, refuel and bloodbag scripts, checked the paths, repacked it and uploaded it.

Hey presto, it worked..............well kinda!  The self blood comes up with the menu but nothing happens when you click on it. Also the game goes really laggy when I'm using multiple elements of the admintools feature. Other than that it works ok.

Has anyone else had any similar problems and has a workaround?

Andy

would you mind sending me your mission.pbo & server.pbo, maybe i can see whats up.

send it in a pm.

Edited by Dienark7