Sign in to follow this  
SaNgGoLd

Looking to Rent a Private Hive, but which provider do I choose?

Hey Guys,
     I have been fishing through the forums for a couple of days now trying to decide which hoster do I pick for my private hive, I thought I had come to a conclusion (dayz.st) but I had too many questions unanswered so decided to make a post. So I'll go into abit of detail about my server and what I want first. I am currently going to be hoping to setup a server for DayZ Epoch because I recently played this mod and its one of my favorites so far, I will be hoping to rent a 50 slot server, I tried doing it myself because I host Teamspeak 3 servers, but its been years since I messed around with MySQL and I really just am that lazy. It needs to be in the EU Region, I'm in the UK. but I dont mind where the server is hosted as long as it is in the EU.

I had originally decided on Survival Servers, then read all the bad feedback and thought... Nope.

Anyways I'll just get straight to business on my questions

So like I said I have read the forums quite abit, and its kind of foggy around the area of DayZ.st, Some people really have a fantastic experience with them, others not so fantastic. Although at the time of writing this they currently don't have any servers to rent in the EU (I emailed them 24 hours agoish and no reply). So I wanted to ask a few questions about DayZ.st first

People say that you don't get full access to the files, what files don't you get access too. Can you edit the map? meaning to place a new building there, can you add removed weapons, like adding the AS50 to the Epoch mod? I think thats my only question about them to be honest but if you guys think there is more information I need to know about them then please do tell me.

So the next provider I wanted to ask about was HFBservers, now how long would it take to get setup with them ? (Im planning on purchasing a server on friday) also people say that you don't get as many tools with them like you do with DayZ.st, what tools are they? and what do they do.

and last but not least Vllayer, or whatever they're called. I have heard their customer service isn't too great which tends to put me off but if someone can tell me why I should pick them over the others that would be great.

I just want to get everybodies opinion rather than people saying they're good for no reason, I'm sure I had more questions than this but

Thanks Guys!

I have used dayz.st alot.. and I would say NO. The "admin tools" are really easy to use, though limited.You can only access your mission/server PBO, which can limit the mods that you do. You can add buildings via the database, its kinda tricky, but there are tuts out there. IMO, their customer service isnt that great, and i dont ask for much. It seems like they just have a bad attitude sometimes, but thats a matter of opinion. to me the only thing dayz.st has going for them is the admin tools. they are easy to use but actually limited compared to others that allow you full access to all files. Also dayz.st seems to be prone to DDoS attacks( my server has been down for 4 days, with no real contact from dayz.st about what is going on!) I have used other providers, but i dont have enough experience with them to say. I am currently using dayzpriv and am very happy so far. they are very friendly and respond quickly to your questions (with answers). they allow full access to everyfile and they also have better admin tools though trickier to use.. Idk if they have servers in your area, but i would consider them.

I have used dayz.st alot.. and I would say NO. The "admin tools" are really easy to use, though limited.You can only access your mission/server PBO, which can limit the mods that you do. You can add buildings via the database, its kinda tricky, but there are tuts out there. IMO, their customer service isnt that great, and i dont ask for much. It seems like they just have a bad attitude sometimes, but thats a matter of opinion. to me the only thing dayz.st has going for them is the admin tools. they are easy to use but actually limited compared to others that allow you full access to all files. Also dayz.st seems to be prone to DDoS attacks( my server has been down for 4 days, with no real contact from dayz.st about what is going on!) I have used other providers, but i dont have enough experience with them to say. I am currently using dayzpriv and am very happy so far. they are very friendly and respond quickly to your questions (with answers). they allow full access to everyfile and they also have better admin tools though trickier to use.. Idk if they have servers in your area, but i would consider them.

I just signed up with them, for the free trial, quick question, how long did it take for yours to get up and running?

Don't use Vilayer. Their customer support is run by a bunch of jibber jabberin' hooligans.

Thanks for the input mate :) My choice is currently like this:

1.HFBServers

2.DayZ.st

3.DayzPriv (I did originally sign up for a 3 day trial with these guys but their customer support told me they currently have no trial servers available)

But I would really like to know what tools HFBservers are actually missing over other service hosters

(I'm going to bed now so I shall check back in the morning!)

Edited by SaNgGoLd

So now i'm awake and hoping to get a few more replies before I purchase a server tomorrow. There is still this huge foggy area around HFBservers which is kind of, intriguing. I think I am going to spend abit of time emailing DayzPriv to find out abit more about them, and possibly HFB too. DayZ.st now have EU servers too

Edited by SaNgGoLd