Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

The sever (Freeside Trading Co 2) is online with the latest build, to my knowledge.

I've showed up multiple times when your place was supposed to be open, but there is never anyone there. I was there today at several times, but still no one. Are there supposed to be people there when you claim to be open, or are we just supposed to wait until other players show up to trade with?

I've showed up multiple times when your place was supposed to be open, but there is never anyone there. I was there today at several times, but still no one. Are there supposed to be people there when you claim to be open, or are we just supposed to wait until other players show up to trade with?

Hm. That's a bit odd. We sometimes lag a bit in setting up (Chernarus isn't exactly small), but we're usually there most of the time. Are you sure you're on Freeside Trading Co 2, Devil's Castle, and that you're converting from UTC properly? The base should really be staffed by at least a half dozen people during trading hours.

Hm. That's a bit odd. We sometimes lag a bit in setting up (Chernarus isn't exactly small), but we're usually there most of the time. Are you sure you're on Freeside Trading Co 2, Devil's Castle, and that you're converting from UTC properly? The base should really be staffed by at least a half dozen people during trading hours.

I know it was the right server and the right place. I was there about three hours ago, again about an hour ago, and decided to check again just now. No one at any of those times. Unless you guys like to hide from people and didn't respond when asked if anyone was around.

Edited by Sandwichx

I know it was the right server and the right place. I was there about three hours ago, again about an hour ago, and decided to check again just now. No one at any of those times. Unless you guys like to hide from people and didn't respond when asked if anyone was around.

I'm not in-game right now (RL rearing it's ugly head), but that is a bad sign. We normally are not at all hidey. Three hours ago was too soon, though: the run should have started 30 minutes after you checked in. You should have seen people the other two times, though. We might be having issues getting on site at the moment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience to you: If you wouldn't mind, would you try logging in at 20:30 tomorrow (an hour after your first try today) and trying it one last time? I'll PM you and post here on the thread if we're not in place by then.

I'm not in-game right now (RL rearing it's ugly head), but that is a bad sign. We normally are not at all hidey. Three hours ago was too soon, though: the run should have started 30 minutes after you checked in. You should have seen people the other two times, though. We might be having issues getting on site at the moment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience to you: If you wouldn't mind, would you try logging in at 20:30 tomorrow (an hour after your first try today) and trying it one last time? I'll PM you and post here on the thread if we're not in place by then.

I saw, on the player list, that there are people from the FTC(they had tags) on the server, they just weren't at the castle. I assumed that maybe they were out scavenging for supplies or something, which is why I came back a few hours later. When no one answered me, I got a little concerned bandits might be around, which is why I left. I will most definitely come back tomorrow. I fully support what you guys are doing. I just wanted to make sure I had my information right and that there wasn't some problem where you guys had to cancel.

I tried joining up with you guys, i was told to hang around with people in the TS/Server but when i asked where everyone was, if i could group up ect. i was ignored

I saw, on the player list, that there are people from the FTC(they had tags) on the server, they just weren't at the castle. I assumed that maybe they were out scavenging for supplies or something, which is why I came back a few hours later. When no one answered me, I got a little concerned bandits might be around, which is why I left. I will most definitely come back tomorrow. I fully support what you guys are doing. I just wanted to make sure I had my information right and that there wasn't some problem where you guys had to cancel.

Actually, scratch my promise to post/PM. I have yet more RL things tomorrow which may interfere. I'll ask Publik/Vulwulf to do that for me--expect it at about 20:15, hopefully.

I tried joining up with you guys, i was told to hang around with people in the TS/Server but when i asked where everyone was, if i could group up ect. i was ignored

Odd. Have you had mic problems recently?

Try to PM Amentes (recruiting officer) and get it straightened out with him.

Hmm, we might have been busy. If we're doing things that involve our main camp, we don't really pick up recruits. Might've just been a bad day. If you'd like to come by Sat or Sun we can let you roll with us.

Edit: Also, we tried out Green Mountain today. Went really well. Kurkistan and Vulwulf should have my pass and be able to update our OP thread here, though I posted the important info on a new thread in General.

Edited by Publik

I have a Ghillie suit(!) that I would like to trade for an M4A1 Camo SD with mags, and NVGs. I'd also throw in a tent for an additional SD mag or two.

My buddy would also like to trade a Mountain Dew for L85A2 AWS or a SVD Camo (lol.)

I will also post this on your forums.

Edited by Ujinty

I'm only seeing one server in the in-game browser when I filter with "freeside". Is the other down? And is the one currently up the 'primary' one? I ask because I just set up a tent on that server that I'm in the process of filling up with vehicle parts to trade with y'all.

Yeah, we're not operating today because we have to recover from a hacker attack yesterday. We also temporarily changed the server name to stop the hackers from following us. :\

Hi, i own the gmsradio.net and we set up a new group in need of weapons, we need some cc's and some m24's would you be able to get us some help, we have stuff to trade or we can make an arrangement where you give us some gear and we will advertise your group (which we already have in the past). Thanks bud.

Hi, i own the gmsradio.net and we set up a new group in need of weapons, we need some cc's and some m24's would you be able to get us some help, we have stuff to trade or we can make an arrangement where you give us some gear and we will advertise your group (which we already have in the past). Thanks bud.

Why don't you PM me (cc Vulwulf and Publik) with the details, if you can't find any 3rd party vendors?

I have ghillie suits and nearly all the tools incl. NVG's, Rangefinder, GPS etc. I'm looking for an L85, PM me if you are interested. Also well done to the server runners for a good thread and service.

I have a question for your group. I am have been a trader for various clans such as misfits and was very successful and all that. I am wondering how you work camp wise. Do you have a main base for all the traders? Or is it that people are allowed to go to trading base at Devils castle if they get the tag. I am a bit confused on how your system works.

I am going to take a stab that you have a series of bases with around 20 people in each campsite or is it one hugeeeee base?

I like this, I've been hearing about it for awhile now, guess I'll have to check it out.

I'm not really worried about any supplies or whatever, but I could probably help with gathering stuff or something.

I'll have to check out the server.. unfortunately the beta versions are currently not updated, I hope this issue gets sorted at some point in the near future..

I have a question for your group. I am have been a trader for various clans such as misfits and was very successful and all that. I am wondering how you work camp wise. Do you have a main base for all the traders? Or is it that people are allowed to go to trading base at Devils castle if they get the tag. I am a bit confused on how your system works.

I am going to take a stab that you have a series of bases with around 20 people in each campsite or is it one hugeeeee base?

We have a super sekrit base or two where we keep our supplies while off-hours, but we run trading out of DC every weekend for all comers. The tag is for Freeside members. If you just approach DC at a walk on the road with your gun down, then you'll be allowed in.

I like this, I've been hearing about it for awhile now, guess I'll have to check it out.

I'm not really worried about any supplies or whatever, but I could probably help with gathering stuff or something.

I'll have to check out the server.. unfortunately the beta versions are currently not updated, I hope this issue gets sorted at some point in the near future..

Why don't you head over to our forums and post an application, if you're interested?

Edited by Kurkistan

Well, I have internet for a couple more days and would like to say hi to everyone on here. I'm happy that everything is going well here in Freeside. I just payed the hosting bill so that everything can run smoothly.

Hello freeside,

We found your camp. Stole most of your cars and stuff. On a return trip i saw you in our camp. Jumped on a motorcycle and sped out of there. As i left i was shot off my bike by i think burned. Nice shot by the way I almost had you. Anyway we still have most of the cars and all the good ones besides the bike. Burned we will see each other again this weekend when me and some other bandit clans raid the trading post.

Have a pleasant day and may you find more pleasure in future endeavors.

Sincerely,

maximus

This is entirely unsarcastic--although I doubt you'll believe me--but nice work Maximus. Was the camp hard to find, at least?

I'm glad you found pleasure in this (it was the future in the past) endeavor, although, considering that you raided our camp and plan to attack us (looking forward to that too: it should be fun) in the future, I have to say that we probably made the right choice in letting you go. Now let's have a good clean battle this weekend and to the victor go the spoils. :lol:

Edited by Kurkistan

Just a heads up Maximus, during our operations we're often waylaid by hackers. So just keep that in mind.. also if you have buddy's who hack leave them at home.. it would be nice to see a legitimate attempt to take us down. So far, we've come out ahead against any attack, however not much you can do against cowardly hackers.

Also we always recover our goods. :)

Edited by RachetSmurf

Can we have a good, clean, and honest battle? No cheating/ghosting please. I'll be sure to be frapsing all weekend to make sure and catch it. Win or lose. :)

Constantly avoiding fights and pilfering things for no other reason than to pilfer them is stupid, and a waste of time. Not true banditry, just being annoying. Your "camp" with your "stolen" vehicles was less than 2km from the original set up. Not sure what you are hoping to accomplish.

EDIT: also, found a pile of Mk SD ammo very close to your camp in the trees...interesting as that does not spawn in game. I really wouldn't put it past you to be using a script to find the vehicles in the first place.

Edited by Kitrick

It was a valiant attempt Max. I am only glad neither of us are battle loggers like your friend Androedia97. I got behind that tree and bandaged and shot you off that bike. I would have more respect for you if you hadn't first tried to shadily trade, under an alias we now know, for vehicles to get on to our server only to harass us. You are definitely persistent however, and I do look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Edited by burned05