b slack

no entry 'bin config.bin cfgmagazines.itemnails

hello im new to the dayz mod played for about 3 weeks. everything was going good till this new patch came out now im getting no entry 'bin config.bin cfgmagazines.itemnails i have been trying to find out what to do and came up with nothing. i have tried to uninstall arma 2 and everything to do with arma and dayz. then re install but still get the can error. so if anyone has had the error and knows how to fix it would be awesome if you could help. 

Did you update Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta to the new required edition for the latest patch?

I'm updated to the latest patch and I get the no entry 'bin config.bin cfgmagazines.itemnails as well. This is then followed by authentication failing

bump,

I've had this same exact issue since yesterday. I've re installed the games, updated my battleye, checked my firewall, etc. Nothing have worked so far.

I've also had this problem. Any support would be appreciated!

It's not a problem with Arma 2 OA or anything, its exclusively DayZ.

• Like 1

PlayWithSix downloaded and now it works smoothly. Playing it through steam seemed to be the problem.

EDIT: updated DayZ with the Play WithSIX and now I can run the game through Steam. Error messages are gone aswell.

Edited by nique

Also having this problem playing DayZ with Steam just happened after latest update. I will check out PlayWithSix see how that goes..

Having the same problem..

When I am joining a server I don't have any problems, but when I am loading it suddenly pops up with

"no entry bin config.bin cfgmagazines.itemnails"

After clicking 'OK' it's start's authenticating, and it fails and says ''Disconnect and try again''

And I can keep doing that 2401784290 times.

(I've tried updating my games, firewall, different server browsers (Play withSix, DayZCommander, Steam).

If there is any solution for this, or if this is server-side,

then please let me and everyone else with this problem know.

Thank you.

FIXED

Edited by Trust518

FIX FIX FIX

Okay, so I noticed that the Mod got an update, and wanted to check that out, and found a way to temporary fix the game.

1. Instal DayZCommander (http://goo.gl/HHk5l3 - Shortened link)                                                                                                      
                                                                                         2. After installing DC launch it.                                                       

3. Go to "Instal / update" and find 'DAYZ' (You will notice 1.8 is installed)

4. Go under the TAB "DAYZ" and choose "1.7.7.1 (older)"

5. Instal.

After doing this you should be able to search for a server you wish to play on, and join it without any problems.

Edited by Trust518
  • Like 1

I got exactly this error, but only on Namalsk servers. (DayZ on Namalsk or Epoch on Namalsk both). Everything else works fine.

I click through the lobby, it loads, then the error comes up in front of the lobby. If I click continue, it loads and counts to about 30-50 in the corner, then the error comes up again. endless loop.

OA and DayZmod are in the latest beta within Steam, I use DayZlauncher and have Namalsk (not DayZ Namalsk) 0.75 installed.

Umm is it possible that I have to go back to DayZ 1771 in order to play on Namalsk servers?? Gonna try this right now...

So I tried a certain Namalsk server... 1.7.7.1 works. 1.8.2 says "outdated dayz_anim", 1.8.3 gives loop error with "item.nails"... wtf?

Edited by melaw