wildfyre

NEVER TRUST PEOPLE WITH A CAR

So I asked if anyone was giving lifts in Side Chat, and this guy said yes, and to meet him at Cherno. Seeing as I'd just looted Balota, I thought, Cherno's only a 5 minute run, let's go.

So I made it to Cherno, and the guy said to meet him at the hospital, so while I was waiting for him at Cherno Hospital, I looted it. Sure enough, he came, with a carload of friends. I thought, "This is cool! A car load of people!". Bear in mind I had rarely seen a player before, let alone a car, so for me, this was monumental stuff! He ran over the zombies around the area so he could stop, and I jumped in. I started to talk to them in Vehicle Chat while they turned right at the apartments where the hospital is, hitting the main road back towards Balota. I thought to myself, "this is odd, they said they'd take me to Elektro", and I asked them why they were heading this way, and he said in Direct Chat,"I'm just going to hop out and check my map. And he did, along with all his other friends, while I waited in the car. And they all simultaneously pointed their M4A1s and M16s at me and open fired, me dying instantly, listening to the howling of laughter over Direct Chat.

Needless to say, I never asked for a lift again.

Tell me your stories of backstabbing banditry!

Edited by Wildfyre

So I asked if anyone was giving lifts in Side Chat

they all pointed their M4A1s and M16s at me and open fire

Needless to say, I never asked for a lift again.

Welcome to DayZ.

Trust no one.

except me...you can trust me :)

And Thornburgs...and DimitriA...and the guys of the 24th MEU...lol (but only because these people I know personally and play the same way as I :p

I personally enjoy being a honest taxi, so not all of us with cars are out to get you. Just most of us. It takes real dedication to your line of work to, in a video game like DayZ, find a car that seats 4+ and can reach higher speeds (On, and off road), simply to find people who want a lift, and bring them places, when the could easily kill you, take your car, and go it themselves, or just kill you for the fun of it. It actually kind of reminds me of a country in anarchy. Dangerous place to be a taxi.

As for stories of bandits, I can give one about my first attempt at being a taxi cab.
I was on a server where you start out with quite a bit of better stuff (military weapons, ghille suit, etc), that is rather populated with players, and the north is LITTERED with SUVs (A few people drive along the coast and pick up newly started hitchhikers). Anyways, I happened to find a Military Offroad on the side of the road near NWAF (Pristine condition, full tank of gas, had a DMR in the back), which I took simply so I wasn't like all the SUVs being driven around, and wasn't bad either. Well, I noticed someone was asking for a ride from a dirt road between Msta and Tulga. I said to myself, "Eh, I got nothing better to do." So I told him I was near NWAF, I was willing to pick him up, but he had to wait for a little bit. He marked his location on the map for me (Important detail), and I made my way down (Almost a straight shot for me via highway, plus roads are cleared of debris). I got onto his road after about 20-30 minutes, and I started driving slowly, blaring my horn. Well, I see a figure in a ghille suit stand up from a evergreen on the side of the road, and bam. Kicked off the server for high ping. I take another 10 mins or so to get back into the server, and I instantly hear gunfire, and suddenly, I'm shot, on the ground, unconscious, and bleeding fast. I realize it was the guy I came to pick up who shot me, and he realizes he just shot his cab driver, and he starts apologizing, saying he didn't realize it was me. I eventually get back up, and almost didn't make it to bandage myself  (Took a DMR bullet to the knee). Well, suddenly I hear more gunfire, and my passenger is suddenly dead. I try to hide in the bush, but I get shot as well. It has turned out that the guy I went to pick up was waiting for me to return (rather than taking my vehicle and going), and was defending my car from a bandit who had come to the marked location on the map (He could have easily taken the car and drove away from the situation, or snuck away, but he didn't). After both of us died several times afterword (Him from bandits, myself from hitchhiking and the cars I was in getting into wrecks), we finally did meet up and walked north to find a car, where I died, and had to get off for the night.

It goes to show, even in video games, people don't necessarily have to be cruel or vicious.

• Like 1

That's brutal :(

I once gave someone a ride to the next town on my motorbike. We got shot at by bandits and he claimed that he was hit and asked if we could stop so he could bandage himself. I pulled over a safe distance up the road, he got off the bike, shot me in the face and made off with the bike. Don't trust anyone!

I once brutally raped a group of friendly heroes who took me to their camp, offered me plenty of loot and a car. I was bored, all the more to see them suffer.

And it's people like you, who just love to watch the world burn, that a lot of people like me (and Nerd_Guy, evidently), can't have nice things...

Or at least DO nice things for others because people like you always feel like you have to f*** it up.

• Like 2

When I used to play on the musty gaming epoch server i would drive around the. Coast in my alpha romio and pick up fresh spawns and bring them to stary sabor and northern city's, My advice is personally though, if someone says they can pick you up, give them a location and when they get their be hiding somewhere and screw em over ;). Not kill on sight but ask them to kindly drop their weapons and if they don't kindly execute them all.

Good for them they wrecked they car,The dumb fucks should of made you leave and one hit axe you

And it's people like you, who just love to watch the world burn, that a lot of people like me (and Nerd_Guy, evidently), can't have nice things...

Or at least DO nice things for others because people like you always feel like you have to f*** it up.

I personally like the challenge of the aggressive people. It means my job never gets boring.

Although I prefer to die later on in the game. I hate the people who kill fresh spawns lol

Thats why I tend to save people from zombies when I can. Get a positive name for myself out there so I last a bit longer.

When I used to play on the musty gaming epoch server i would drive around the. Coast in my alpha romio and pick up fresh spawns and bring them to stary sabor and northern city's, My advice is personally though, if someone says they can pick you up, give them a location and when they get their be hiding somewhere and screw em over ;). Not kill on sight but ask them to kindly drop their weapons and if they don't kindly execute them all.

And this is exactly why I've been trying to recruit bodyguards who follow me on smaller vehicles (I.E. ATVs or Motorcyles), who can ride in from the woods at a moments notice and help then enemy most likely lol

• Like 1