r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

I've noticed the exhaustion bug in both servers running 112555 and 103718.  103718 was the beta patch used for 1.8.0, right?  Just wanted to mention that in case it means anything.

I hate to nag, but is there any new info on what's actually causing this or how it can be solved?  On top of all the issues with A2 beta patches that the mod is facing right now, this is another thing that's literally turning people away from the game.  I hear people complain about it regularly.  Some people think it's an intentional feature in the game.

Thanks.  Still enjoying 1.8.1 immensely.  Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!

Some people think it's an intentional feature in the game.

It is not, but we're currently experiencing other problems on our side, so our hands are tied.

Edited by kichilron

Its a good game I like playing it when I can some times like today was my day off and i wanted to get a bow and stuff and go hunt/fish but I could not find any bolts for the CB so I kept looking I had a cooking pot and all that had the CB in my hands and some one came up behind me and shot me in the back of the head the game is a good idea but most of the people just SOS and I think that's what makes the game so crappy is because I spent a few hours getting all that stuff legit no hacking or duping or spmming server hopping, just to get shot and do it again so I'm like done with this because I don't have the time to do the same thing over and over again to deal with some douche shooting me in the back because he cant find stuff on his own. it take to long to find stuff. just wanted to hunt. But after a few hours of playing I respawn because some one does that crap and it take to long to find stuff that's not even good for pvp I have to have seen at least 10 sks's. People would probably not mod the game if they didn't have to deal with getting shot i think you should do pve severs and pvp and make it so  you can go back and forth between them so you can get loot to do what you want (PVP) (PVE). then go join a sever that is pvp if you want to go kill people but this way you can make friends and stuff with out the hole thing of is he going to shoot me the second he gets a chance. To help people from getting shot you should take out the random sounds like a can opening or bullets being split, foot steps a little louder. just a few tweaks could save you a few hours of work in game. I think it would be sweet to set your own town as a home for your character so you respawn there when you die. so could you up the spawn rate on things like that the fishing hook, rope, gas stove ,cooking pot ,gas canister, the small things that let you do more in game like crafting and stuff is fun and if people really want to do a team death match then let them just make different severs for ti so different people can do the things thety want. you can always change severs and bring your character with you so you can do different things each day and if one is boring to you just go back to what was fun. This way people can try different things with out getting shot or having to deal with not getting shot. any way thx for the game.

Not sure if this is the right topic, so mods feel free to move.

Hi, thank you for reading this. The game and server *UK410* are great, however today I was very disappointed.

After driving around on my bicycle I decided to hide it not far from Krasnostav (inside boundries). I remained seated on the bike and logged out. After logging in 10 minutes later, my inventory and secondary inventory were wiped! I had my guns, toolbelt and backpack - those were unaffected.

I tried looking around the area I logged out of to see if maybe my body is there (somebody mentioned the game can duplicate it if your inventory is erased) but to no avail. Logged in / out 2 more times but also with no result.

This was friday 27th around 14:45. I am disappointed as I lost:

2x STANAG mag

Whole blood and transfusion kit

Morphine

Cooked mutton

(Empty) Waterbottle

Ductape

Smoke grenade

3x bandages and 3x wipes

2x M9 mag

and maybe more I can't remember.

So is there a way to get my stuff back? And why did it happen?

Do not ever log out while driving any vehicle, or this has a chance of happening. Nothing anyone can do about that. Get out of the vehicle first, wait like 5 seconds, then log out.

I hate to nag, but is there any new info on what's actually causing this or how it can be solved?  On top of all the issues with A2 beta patches that the mod is facing right now, this is another thing that's literally turning people away from the game.  I hear people complain about it regularly.  Some people think it's an intentional feature in the game.

Thanks.  Still enjoying 1.8.1 immensely.  Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!

This is game breaking and resulting in people quitting/lower population including myself.

Still waiting for any news on 1.8.2.

Yes, weapon sway has been changed for 1.8.2

Just a thought, but is there any way to link old GUID characters to new Steam ID's on the public hive?

thats unrealistic. I don´t think that a infected human becomes godlike feets like usain bolt

I ONLY SAY:

264728_491519400875796_1891528835_n.jpg

I agree. While I acknowledge that it makes the game harder, which was introduced on purpose, I feel that this is one of the things in 1.8.1 that is just frustrating. The right balance between desirable difficulty and nuisance/frustration is certainly a very narrow path, and subject to individual perception. In this sense, however, my vote goes to equal speed for players and zeds, at least until the player gets out of breath after a while of being chased.

Another thing that has been bothering me a bit in the new version is that canned food and drinks restore only so extremely little hunger/thirst. Again, I acknowledge that it makes the game harder, which is a good thing in general, and reducing it from full restoration to just partial restoration is great in my opinion. But ~15 sodas to quench my thirst?? Really?? Ten cans of pasta to fill my stomach? I don't think so. That's unrealistic to a degree that is frustrating for me. I've read the same thing countless times in the side chat btw, so it's not just me. :) Together with the reduced loot spawning, it's not well balanced. I feel like half restoration (while keeping the loot spawn as rare as it is now) would be about right for game balance and realism.

Another point I'd like to criticize: Gaining humanity. Since the introduction of blood types, it has become almost impossible to become a hero. And I don't mean the 25/250 humanity bug. It's just waaay harder to administer a blood transfusion to strangers. You need to carry many blood bags now, transfusion kits, blood test kits, while at the same time, backpacks seem so much harder to find now, so carrying space is much more limited that before. Before 1.8.1, I felt like there is a strong bias towards becoming a bandit rather than a hero, because it was just a whole lot easier to kill people. Now, heroes are virtually out of play completely, which is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. We all know the discussions before the update, how everyone used to kill on sight, how nobody was trying to be friendly, how it's impossible to get rid of that "BANDIT" sign on your forehead after you killed five survivors. But if the humanity system wasn't broken before, then it is now for sure. I have yet to find my first hero in 1.8.1, which is just sad... :(

Edited by RomanZ

Hi,

after i tried the new patch (just for a couple of hours really) my first impressions are:

IT IS REALLY GREAT!

I noticed the thing with almost no restore when drinkin a soda. Was blinking red...drank a soda...blinking red a couple of seconds later again.

I would agree that it feels to quick (to have to drink again) so maybe a bit of balancing would be good.

All in all i am really impressed what the devs did here.

Huge step in content and balancing and playabilty overall.

I will play dayZ again and beat the drum for others to try it.

Maybe this changes after more hours of playing but it felt like it is a game now which needs just a bit more tweaking.

THX guys!

The only reason why I don't like 1.8 is because the guys from Epoch addon for DayZ are not allowed (by the copyrights) to use the 1.8 version as the base for their mod. And I'd so love to have 2 primary weapons!

The only reason why I don't like 1.8 is because the guys from Epoch addon for DayZ are not allowed (by the copyrights) to use the 1.8 version as the base for their mod. And I'd so love to have 2 primary weapons!

How did you come up with that?

Edited by kichilron

Topics on the

How did you come up with that?

Topics on their servers. Read for yourself if you want.

Topics on their servers. Read for yourself if you want.

Doesn't mean that that is true, though.

If I had to guess it's more because they're not continuing development for ARMA 2.

They're simply not allowed to use DayZ Code for ARMA 3 - but it has never been developed for ARMA 3, which is why the license doesn't allow that to happen. Nothing unusual in this industy.

Edited by kichilron

Well, I don't really care, I just want to have 2 primary weapons in Epoch!

Well, I don't really care, I just want to have 2 primary weapons in Epoch!

Not much we can do about that, that's all down to Epoch. We're in no way affiliated with them.

Edited by kichilron

? What are you talking about epoch does use the base mod they modify a few items here and there but the base is DayZ they just don't like our gear menu so they don't use it.

I think that Chernarus has a serious weather problem during the nights, constant rain is annoying to the few people who actually play when it's night

But on a different note, i love the Dshkm Hilux. Such an anti MI-17 weapon

Edited by PartyHans

Hey!

Wouldn't it be cool and kind of realistic if zombies could drop box of matches?

Thanks for your great work. I love the mod and so do many others playing on our server.

Keep it up!

Wouldn't it be cool and kind of realistic if zombies could drop box of matches?

Might, yeah. But if anything there would be a maximum amount of them, ie. only used box of matches with about 2-4 matches left in the boxes.

• Like 1

Might, yeah. But if anything there would be a maximum amount of them, ie. only used box of matches with about 2-4 matches left in the boxes.

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:

I agree. I would also give them even more, like a knife, a clock or a compass. Probably backpacks?

Its very likely for "real" zombies to carry random stuff. It's that random stuff which makes DayZ unique. I would like to see more need for (and use in) looting zeds for everyday stuff.

At the moment they do sometimes carry useful loot, but not enough to make me actually think about killing them for survival reasons.

edit, avoiding doubleposting:

Another thing:

Since I recently rediscovered how much better Dayz I like compared to Epoch/Overpoch, I have read a lot in various forums, here and elsewhere.

I also had chat talks with friendly players ingame. So - I probably tread on some feet here, but I just feel like speaking for a lot of player out there:

Please review the nutrition system.

My humble suggestions, don't read if you are not interested:

Even a survival game needs to be balanced. I like the very special approach of DayZ to a FPS. So I always enjoyed the quest for food and drink,

and how realistic it is in some aspects. Collecting, boiling water, hunting, cooking meat, hell, even fishing. Also, I hate how some mods reduce that to almost zero importance!

But the way it is right now, it's just annoying. Either you starve, or die of thirst, even if you do nothing else but searching for food and drinks with a two-man-team.

I would really be sad if that would drive me and others away from DayZ. At the end of the (ingame) day I want to be able to reach higher goals than not starving.

My 2 cents, again, please don't criticize me for that, it just reflects my thoughts on that topic:

- Meat/Cooked meat should remain the only food that gives you back some blood. Should replenish 30-40% hunger. It's rare, really a big chunk of meat and you need several toolbeltitems to gain it. That way, you will be rewarded for hunting, and sharing a big animal would fill more than one empty stomach.

- Canned food should be noticable lower, somewhere like 20%. Not lower though, because, how much cans could you eat until your stomach bursts? 5? 20% sounds fair to me. Probably more like 30% if you cook the can over a fire?

- Snacks can be low, like 10-15%. But still, eating one or two snacks can keep you from starving, like they would in real life.

- Water: I like it. As long as you have the container and boiling equipment you can fill yourself completely if you find a water source. But: A canteen filled with boiled water is a valuable item and should restore at least 30%, more like 40%. Don't forget, it's a whole liter/quart. That can easily quench your thirst.

- Soda cans... Again I go by realism. Thirsty to full is probably 2 cans. Dying of thirst to "still thirsty but not dying anymore" would also be 2 cans. So I'd say it replenishes 25% thirst. I could also imagine different can sizes. Real cans come in 10-17 fl.oz, so DayZ cans could also to that.

It just should be realistic. A game session of 4 hours to me feels like a day spent ingame. So in that day I consume what? 2 quarts of water that's like 4-5 sodas. Half an animal, that's like 3 cans plus 2 snacks? Sums up to 80% in both hunger&thirst, which is approx. what you lose during that time. Makes it an important survival issue. I mean, there's also medical attention, so still no easy life. That's enough to keep me watching out for game/wells, but not a fulltime job just staying alive. 

Thank you for reading this.

Edited by melaw