r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 .Dev Bug List

Map takes up a weapon slot on the PBX, not sure about other boats or vehicles.

Edit: same on "small boat".

Thats normal, all tool belt items take up weapons slots in tents and vehicles.

• Like 1

Some reason, I can't drop my backpack since the new inventory has been put into place. Am I missing something?

I'd also suggest that we should have an option to save traps that we make (bear traps, tripwires, etc)

Thats normal, all tool belt items take up weapons slots in tents and vehicles.

Gah, you're right!  I guess I never noticed.

Playing last night, me and the fellas ran into a couple of situations where our hatchets ran out of ammo for just a few seconds, click click click.  I noticed that when you open gear, your ammo goes down to 0, then back up to 10,000 when you close it.  So it seems like some kind of glitch that is very short where you're getting your 10,000 shots back, like perhaps a slight lag in that.

What about resetting it to 10,000 when you open a menu, and again to 10,000 when you close it?

Ok, I found out that the crafted baseballbat (bat with nails) does not work as it is not loadable/empty. Before crafting the bat worked just fine. Also is siphon fuel from other Players enabled (wont work as Player seems not to have enough fuel in him,lol)

Nothing important realy, just wanted to point it out.

All in all, great Job there, Boys!!

Last time I played, I looted a store, and found a backpack one size bigger. In the attempt to unload my current bag, and then pick up the new one, I managed to not get done in time and get hit by a zombie. I finally did kill him even though melee is crap at that close of range, got my pack, bandaged, morphined, and ran back to my truck. My blood was at 2500, so I drove out of town, and once clear, went to jump in the back seat to eat. Instead, I ended up outside the truck, in an unconscious like mode, but no time clock, and still able to access my gear. Eventually, the zombies caught up to me and finished me off. Any reasonable explanation to what happened?

Playing last night, me and the fellas ran into a couple of situations where our hatchets ran out of ammo for just a few seconds, click click click.  I noticed that when you open gear, your ammo goes down to 0, then back up to 10,000 when you close it.  So it seems like some kind of glitch that is very short where you're getting your 10,000 shots back, like perhaps a slight lag in that.

What about resetting it to 10,000 when you open a menu, and again to 10,000 when you close it?

If your hatchet runs out of ammo hit 1 to switch to your primary and then 3 to switch back to your hatchet. Should put you back up to 10,000 swings. :)

If your hatchet runs out of ammo hit 1 to switch to your primary and then 3 to switch back to your hatchet. Should put you back up to 10,000 swings. :)

Of course, and simply pressing G to get into your inventory does the same.  Neither is preferable when a zombie is in the process of hitting you, so I was just mentioning that there is sometimes a glitch with the new method used to add ammo to the hatchet.  Also, the click click click out of ammo only lasts for a second or two, so it really takes care of itself before you'd be able to manually reset your ammo.

In case you are not super familiar with the code base (like me) here is how you fix the server time to read from HiveExt.ini. Note that the date will still be set to local date but time will read correctly from ini.

1) Unpack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

2) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf by changing lines 37-39 and 42 to reference _date instead of _date1

setDate _date;
        dayzSetDate = _date;
        dayz_storeTimeDate = _date;

diag_log ("HIVE: Local Time set to " + str(_date));

3) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm by changing lines 328,329, and 331 to reference _date instead of _date1
        " setDate _date;" \n
        " dayzSetDate = _date;" \n

" diag_log (""TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "" + str(_date));" \n

4) Repack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server directory to @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

If you don't have tools to manage PBO you can use PBO Manager from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Thanks to R4Z0R49 for patiently answering all my stupid questions. :)

for some reason there is no file called server_monitor.sqf in my dayz_server.pbo. Any idea why?

for some reason there is no file called server_monitor.sqf in my dayz_server.pbo. Any idea why?

I'll add some more info.

my dayz_server.pbo contains:

Compile

\-- fa_antiwallhack.sqf

\-- fa_hiveMaintenance.hpp

\-- fa_hiveMaintenance.sqf

\-- fn_bases.sqf

\-- server_deleteObj.sqf

\-- server_onPlayerDisconnect.sqf

\-- server_plantSpawner.sqf

\-- server_playerDied.sqf

\-- server_playerLogin.sqf

\-- server_playerSetup.sqf

\-- server_playerSync.sqf

\-- server_publishObject.sqf

\-- server_sendToClient.sqf

\-- server_spawnCrashSite.sqf

\-- server_toggle_debug.hpp

\-- server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf

\-- server_updateObject.sqf

\-- zombie_findOwner.sqf

\-- zombie_Wildgenerate.sqf

init

\-- server_functions.sqf

System

\-- s_fps.sqf

\-- server_cleanup.fsm

\-- zombie_wildagent.fsm

$PBOPREFIX$

config.cpp

the funny thing is if I do a search with notepad++ it does find this line: "[]execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\s_fps.sqf";" in dayz_server.pbo but not in the extracted folder xD should I try a different tool? I got this dayz_server.pbo out of the @hive folder. I'm at hfbservers.

I'll add some more info.

my dayz_server.pbo contains:

Compile

\-- fa_antiwallhack.sqf

\-- fa_hiveMaintenance.hpp

\-- fa_hiveMaintenance.sqf

\-- fn_bases.sqf

\-- server_deleteObj.sqf

\-- server_onPlayerDisconnect.sqf

\-- server_plantSpawner.sqf

\-- server_playerDied.sqf

\-- server_playerLogin.sqf

\-- server_playerSetup.sqf

\-- server_playerSync.sqf

\-- server_publishObject.sqf

\-- server_sendToClient.sqf

\-- server_spawnCrashSite.sqf

\-- server_toggle_debug.hpp

\-- server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf

\-- server_updateObject.sqf

\-- zombie_findOwner.sqf

\-- zombie_Wildgenerate.sqf

init

\-- server_functions.sqf

System

\-- s_fps.sqf

\-- server_cleanup.fsm

\-- zombie_wildagent.fsm

$PBOPREFIX$

config.cpp

the funny thing is if I do a search with notepad++ it does find this line: "[]execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\s_fps.sqf";" in dayz_server.pbo but not in the extracted folder xD should I try a different tool? I got this dayz_server.pbo out of the @hive folder. I'm at hfbservers.

allright I found the problem, there seems to be a bug. fixed with tip below.

Due to a bug with extracting PBOs, server_monitor.sqf might not extract properly, if this happens try to select "Extract" instead of "Extract PBO".

one more thing, is there a way to hide the no entry errors for svd_camo_dz?

Use custom loottable and remove all the SVD. I think there is no other way atm.

Use custom loottable and remove all the SVD. I think there is no other way atm.

ok thanks!

I don't know if it has been already told but the Trip Wire Grenade can't be made, nothing happens when Start Crafting button is hit.

And the Trip Wire Can can only be craftable with empty trash can items, but not every empty can items, is this made on pupose ?

Thanks again for the awesome patch.

Edited by Ameo

Keep all posts on topic of bugs.

1:\ Server side date is fixed to one day. (this is an error from the test builds.) - Server admins can correct. _date1 = [2013,8,3,_hour,_minute]; 

2:\ The SVD_CAMO,SVD_DZ & SVD_CAMO_DZ are all non-functional.

3:\ Action menu/UI delay's

This is going to be a combination of (mostly) bugs and a few suggestions.

4:\ Recipe for Grenade Trip Wire does not work.

5:\ (Some) items (sometimes) disappear when placed on the ground. This seems to happen often with backpacks. (Existed pre-1.8)

6:\ Humanity is broken. Not sure if it's the server I play on (US264 and US659), but it seems that killing survivors (and heroes) does not deduct anything from your humanity. Also, I have heard reports of "weird" things deducting humanity, such as crashing a helicopter. (Someone else reported any vehicle damage causes humanity loss.. I can confirm this.)

7:\ Trip-wire traps do not disappear once triggered..  

8:\ No way to disable Trip-Wire or Bear Trap (smoke/flash) traps once placed. Although, once triggered they can be collected and/or rearmed. (Need confirmation on this)

9:\ No way to remove camo-net. Once placed, it needs to be destroyed to be removed... But so far I have only destroyed one by running it over, and then it returns after next server restart. You can't shoot it with a gun or hit it with a melee weapon, so you can't destroy it that way. (Need confirmation) (addressed in hotfix)

10:\ Sepsis not functioning properly? I have never had it, and I've played 1.8 every day since it's been out. (addressed in hotfix)

11:\ Not getting infected from infected zombies, since Sepsis never(?) takes. (addressed in hotfix)

-edit- 

12:\ G36 SD disappears when picked up.. 

13:\ The sound of "flies" not being emitted from dead bodies

14:\ Placement of Traps seems very restrictive. Most of the "good" places to place a tripwire, or bear trap seem to be impossible to execute. 

15:\ Related to #14, Bear Traps (and others) sink thru the floors of buildings and many other places.. I can't be 100% sure but I believe they become inaccessible once placed like this, as they disappear completely.

16:\ Unable to place Stashes (Medium and small) in the same manner as you place tents and other constructed objects.

-edit-

Can anyone actually confirm ever finding a Comfrey leaf on a vanilla server? 

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1