Sign in to follow this  
Sophia_Hart

Is there a all time inventory/global inventory in Dayz?

Hello,

As some of the WarZ players already experienced you can actually stack your loot in an inventory which you can use at all time in safe locations to re-equip your character after his death..

I do understand that having such a thing would turn DayZ into what Warz has become, pvp only, but my question is; is there anything similar to this in DayZ? Or do you lost all loot when your character dies and have to restart from scratch with nothing else?

• Like 1

If you mean store loot in one place, and retrieve it in another, then no. That would make no sense realistically.

The only sort of storage is in Tents and Vehicles, which stay on that server, or the items in your inventory and bag, which carry across all connective hives (all Public hives are connected to each other, and all private hives are either not connected to any or are only connected to a few others, depending on who is hosting them).

Also, welcome to the community. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 4

Yes it is Perma Death, you start from scratch again. Rule #1 Do not get attached to your gear

• Like 2

As said, there's no 'connected bank' in DayZ, its all local.  IE you can't store a gun in a stash at Northeast Airfield, die, then go grab that same gun from a stash at Kamenka.  However, if I manage to get back to the stash at NEAF I can get that gun back, so long as no one destroyed the stash or took it out of the stash.  The same also applies on connected servers.  Just for example, I can't Jump on US 1, put down a tent, fill it with gear, then log out, log into US 2 and have that tent in the same place with all the gear inside (otherwise it'd be futile to store gear at all, since someone could just grab it from your tent on another server).

As said, things in your direct inventory are accessible while on the same hive (there's the public hive, and I think very few private hives).

No global inventories, you can only store things in tents or vehicles but other people can find them. Tents and vehicles do not travel between servers, but you can take things from tent on server A then bring them to server B as long as they are both public hive servers (some private hives do this too). The loot you have on you is saved for when you log back in.

If you wanted you could set up a stash on a low population server and dump extra gear there in case you die, but there are no truly safe ways of hiding gear. Best thing to do is hold as much stuff as you can when you log out in case your stuff gets raided while you are gone.

• Like 1

and there is high probabilty that your camp or car will be found..some player play for raiding camps(like me).

Thank you everyone for your answers, and thank you Sula for the warm welcome!

I do have another question though. Since you can store items in tents and vehicles, how long they remain spawned? Same with when you drop items. For how long the items stay there before they disappear? 

Items stay untill server restart. Cars respawn once destroyed completaly. Tents dissapear after a week if not interacted with.

Damn, I didnt get such a welcoming ;_;

• Like 2

Items stay untill server restart. Cars respawn once destroyed completaly. Tents dissapear after a week if not interacted with.

Damn, I didnt get such a welcoming ;_;

Items on the ground disappear after a restart.

Thank you everyone for your answers, and thank you Sula for the warm welcome!

I do have another question though. Since you can store items in tents and vehicles, how long they remain spawned? Same with when you drop items. For how long the items stay there before they disappear? 

Forever.

Dropped items? Disappear after a server restart (which spawns vehicles/loot/restores buildings/et cetera to set the game back to "Normal" after a few hours of gameplay. A server restart does NOT affect your inventory, placed tents, or vehicles)

If you have a vehicle or tent then the contents will stay there just as long as you use the tent or vehicle (unless someone destroys or steals them). If you don't access a tent for about a week it used to disappear from map but I'm not sure what happens now.

As long as you are alive the stuff in your backpack stays there and same with your inventory. :)