Lopz

Best Sniper?

What is the best Sniper in your opinion?

I've only tried the DMR so far, and i loved it!

DMR at night (with NVGs), AS50 during the day.

How about the M107 on that video?

Does the AS50 have Zero-ing?

I never really understood Zero-ing.. Can someone explain?

Dear sir,

A "sniper" is a person who uses a long range weapon. I believe the word you are searching for is "sniper rifle".

You wouldn't say, "Let me go fly that pilot" would you? Ok, maybe you would, who am I to judge your lifestlye?

Sincerely,

inb4trolls

P.S. This may help you: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapon_Comparison_Table

DMR at night (with NVGs)' date=' AS50 during the day.

[/quote']

^^

This is my setup,

The DMR is the best for making quick, accurate shots if you don't bring down the player or miss your first shot.

M16 ACOG with Stanag SD. Not too great on range, but not being heard is a plus.

So, if the target is at 800m, i set my zeroing to 800m and the place i aimed is the place the shot will fall, right?

I never really understood Zero-ing.. Can someone explain?

it depends on how far the target is' date=' if you ahve less zeroing your bullet wont neccecerily reach the target, more zeroing it may go over the targets head (if your aiming for the head). dont really know a better way to explain it tbh. basically you need to right zeroing for the right range, 300m you need 300 zeroing, ect ect.

[hr']

Best sniper is personal preference, personally i only like bolt action snipers.

The problem with the DMR is it doesn't have adjustable zeroing. This, coupled with the fact that a lot of people think those mildots actually represent distance, makes for a ton of missed shots.

The problem with the DMR is it doesn't have adjustable zeroing. This' date=' coupled with the fact that a lot of people think those mildots actually represent distance, makes for a ton of missed shots.

[/quote']

They dont?

I always thought each mili-dot = 200m distance!

Can someone take the take the opportunity in this thread to explain just how the zeroing on the DMR actually works? I've seen multiple people explain it and they are all different and no one can really give me an accurate answer.

Lee Enfield.

But you'll see a shitload of zombies coming. For you.

The problem with the DMR is it doesn't have adjustable zeroing. This' date=' coupled with the fact that a lot of people think those mildots actually represent distance, makes for a ton of missed shots.

[/quote']

They dont?

I always thought each mili-dot = 200m distance!

The only sniper rifle I know of in DayZ for which this is the case is the SVD. If you look at the SVD, you will notice that the distance markers (not mildots) are not equally spaced apart. This is because gravity is an acceleratory force, and the greater the distance, the faster the bullet begins to drop, and the more distance needs to be accounted for. Most people estimate every mildot to be equal to 100m, but this is faaaaar from accurate.

Can someone take the take the opportunity in this thread to explain just how the zeroing on the DMR actually works? I've seen multiple people explain it and they are all different and no one can really give me an accurate answer.

The DMR cannot be zerod. As for compensating long range shots; you guess.

Lee Enfield.

Well. It depends where you are shooting from. I can shoot players with the Lee Enfield from 500-600 meters away (800 meters is my record). I choose my spots very carefully.

Lee Enfield.

Well. It depends where you are shooting from. I can shoot players with the Lee Enfield from 500-600 meters away (800 meters is my record). I choose my spots very carefully.

The Lee does not have a zoom sight, which, for me, is mandatory!

Lee Enfield.

At 600 meters you are shooting at a hint of a pixel. Combine that with the fact that, due to the enfields sights, you won't actually be able to see the target, and you are looking at about 5 shots to land a hit, if you are lucky. Combine THAT with the fact that at that range, the enfield is not a one shot kill (or even a knock out in most cases) and you are left with quite a sorry excuse for a sniper rifle.

Lee Enfield.

The Lee does not have a zoom sight' date=' which, for me, is mandatory!

[/quote']

Sniper rifles don't have to have scopes on them.

At 600 meters you are shooting at a hint of a pixel. Combine that with the fact that, due to the enfields sights, you won't actually be able to see the target, and you are looking at about 5 shots to land a hit, if you are lucky. Combine THAT with the fact that at that range, the enfield is not a one shot kill (or even a knock out in most cases) and you are left with quite a sorry excuse for a sniper rifle.

Well. You can go to the editor and try it out. That rifle is extremely accurate.

While you can't zero the crosshair to a specific range, you can absolutely use the mil-dots to compensate for different known ranges. I have a notebook sitting next to my keyboard that details how many mil-dots high a person will be at differing ranges, and how many dots of compensation are required at differing ranges. If you want to be successful with the DMR at any meaningful range, you'll want to do the same.

BTW the DMR is zero'd to 400m (zoomed).

While you can't zero the crosshair to a specific range' date=' you can absolutely use the mil-dots to compensate for different known ranges. I have a notebook sitting next to my keyboard that details how many mil-dots high a person will be at differing ranges, and how many dots of compensation are required at differing ranges. If you want to be successful with the DMR at any meaningful range, you'll want to do the same.

BTW the DMR is zero'd to 400m (zoomed).

[/quote']

Nah its 300 meters, tested it the other day on a guy when i was 309 meters away from him (According to the personal waypoint) hit right where i was aiming.

The AS50 does everything the M107 does, but better.

The DMR does not have NVG, does it???