Mr Waffles

Water bottles

Does ayone know the difernece between a water bottle and a boiled water bottle

does the boiled one keep you hydrated for longer or somin

Boiled water is clean and free from infection.  Water straight from a pond etc has a chance of making you sick.

I think you need water from a pond and a tin and you can boil the water at a fire to make it Boiled Water and therefore safe to drink.

• Like 1

Boiled water is clean and free from infection.  Water straight from a pond etc has a chance of making you sick.

I think you need water from a pond and a tin and you can boil the water at a fire to make it Boiled Water and therefore safe to drink.

ok thanks man

And the same applies to raw/cooked meat. Raw has a chance of making you sick, cooked is fine - also gives more blood than raw.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is correct. You need a water bottle and an empty tin can in your inventory and then you use the action menu (scroll wheel) to select 'boil water' when looking at a camp fire. You can probably use those barrel fires that you see around in cities too.

Never used an oil drum fire, but it makes sense.  I'll have to try cooking and boiling next time I'm passing one.

What would also make sense, but is absent from the game, is an associated "drink water" action menu item if a player is carrying an empty can or bottle at a pump or pond.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

Have any of you become infected from water that you got from a pump or well? I haven't so far, but with the scarcity of anti-biotics lately I've become leery of any water source.

Have any of you become infected from water that you got from a pump or well? I haven't so far, but with the scarcity of anti-biotics lately I've become leery of any water source.

YES! I always boil water unless I am desperate. As far as I can if you fill 3 water bottles from a pond and 1 from a well the game can't tell the difference between them they are all just "Water Bottle". So there is a chance of infection from any plain old "Water Bottle" and you only get rid of that chance if it is "Water Bottle (Boiled)". I think it checks the chance when you drink so it really doesn't care about the source of the water.