MemoFish

Please Help

So i am a first time player today was my first day playing DayZ and i joined a server that was called "the walking dead" or something like that and i gathered some stuff together but now i want to go back to that same server so i can have those items back but i dont know how to go back to the same server. can anyone please help guiding me to that server? 

• Like 1

Just keep looking.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 3

If you aren't already, it might be a good idea to use DayZ Commander...

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

It makes it really easy to stay up to date with the your mod version and ArmA II beta version as well as letting you search for servers and keep a list of 'favourite' servers.

• Like 2

Play public hive; you won't have to keep track of servers or install DayZ Commander.

• Like 2

play on public and if you go on a private hive remember to add it to your favourites..(dayzcommander is good at this)

I love how you seemingly have to install DayZ Commander just to make a note of the server IP or name you just joined.
Seems like my .txt file of having my recently played servers with all of stashes found in them is just not a valid system... :D

But to post something relatively helpful, you should indeed just Google "walking dead dayz server" and start your searching from there.

I love how you seemingly have to install DayZ Commander just to make a note of the server IP or name you just joined.

Seems like my .txt file of having my recently played servers with all of stashes found in them is just not a valid system... :D

But to post something relatively helpful, you should indeed just Google "walking dead dayz server" and start your searching from there.

If you double click the IPs in your .txt file does ArmA 2 automatically launch with @DayZ enabled and connect to the server? ^_^

• Like 1

thanks a lot for the replies guys and i found the server i guess "the walking dead" one but it asks me for a pass word to join that server and i dont know it. also whats a hive? and how do i play in public? and im really sorry i am a real fresh noob

Password asked = Whitelisted, get in contact with Server admin.

Hive = where your player data is stored, guns /beanZ / Z's killed ....

As a rule Private Hive is limited to one server only but some Server Hosting Co's have a limited shared Hive (?)

Public Hive, you may change server and keep your gear, requires official DayZ 1.7.7.1 build.

thanks a lot, so now when i try to join any server it shows that it is loading and then it says requesting authentication and after that it goes in a black screen and nothing else happens till it kicks me out. someone said i need to check my command line but i dont know what that is and how i can check it. can you guys help with this one please?

Theres was a new patch released recently, are you sure the server is on the same version of dayz as yourself?

can you please tell me how i can check that out? like how can i see what version im on and what version the server is on? i tried uninstalling arma2 and arma2 OA and also battleye and it still does the same thing. i made sure that days commander was up to date and fixed any corrupt server on the commander. i was able to play on an old server a taviana server but it seems like its out dated the server has hardly one or two people on it. the server i want to join i think they said they are on 1.8 or something like that. idk whats going on i just want to be able to join already. and its the same problem with my friend as well i really appreciate all the feedback and all suggestion. 

server version is typically in the server name somewhere (look for 1.7.7.1, 1.8 etc.) and you can see what version you are running from the DayZ start screen (where you see options, multiplayer, exit etc.) in the bottom right hand corner. it should tell you your version of dayz and also the beta patch you are running for operation arrow head itself (the game DayZ is running from). 1.7.7.1 servers require beta 103718, im not sure what beta patch 1.8 is using because i havent updated to that yet. hope this helps.