NADFIST

Any way to optimize Arma 2?

Hey forums, i just recently downloaded Arma 2, and im getting horrible lags (5-10fps)

I got all settings on lowest, and still lag, is there any way to optimize Arma 2?

Thanks.

Please tell us your system specs. It may not be due to the optimization, but your hardware.

I'm still new to games so i don't know much about computers, but anyways, here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 2GHz

RAM: 2GB

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9200M GE

I hope this is enough

lolno, everything is reeally slow.

Thats the problem.

You mean my specs aren't enough for the game?

Yup, it's very very slow.

Send me a PM and we can sort something out.

I'm still new to games so i don't know much about computers, but anyways, here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 2GHz

RAM: 2GB

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9200M GE

I hope this is enough

Should atleast have a 3GHz processor, 4GB's of RAM and defiantly get a updated graphics card. You might even just need a new computer if you are going to do all the updates to it.

• Like 1

5-10 FPS sounds about right for that system, there isn't really much you can do that will make a difference unfortunately. Checking that you're above the recommended system requirements (by quite a long way, if you actually want the decent performance) before you buy a game is usually wise.

Edited by mZLY

Correct me if I'm wrong, I heard from someone saying ARMA 2 has the most poorly optimized engine built for the game.

I share the same issues of big frame drops, especially around forests and cities. Everywhere else I get about 30-40 average.

From what you're getting now is the best you're going to get with that system 

Yeah, I just spent a buttload of cash on my PC. Upgraded CPU, RAM and Graphic Card. It raised the FPS significantly. So if you want the game to go above 30 FPS. You may need to spend some cash.

Yes, the game is very poorly optimized.

All games are very poorly optimized these days. I swear developers look at what the latest computers are capable of, build for something one step back from that, and then go, "Eh, good enough." I remember the old days where they had nothing to work with and tried to cram as much as they could into the least amount of resources they could. ;)

I spent tons of money on 4770k and water cooler setup. @ 4.5GHZ and i get 40-60fps in towns. I think this game is not poorly optimized, just not programmed in mind from the startup to utilize all cores efficiently. Arma 2 came out in 2009. At that time more people used dual cores so they just went with it. They would have to abolish the engine and reprogram everything from the startup to make it efficient as possible, don't think they have enough time and money to do that. Arma 2 is not the only game that suffer cpu limitations. Skyrim, Tera etc. I think these developers didn't think from the start that multi-core is very important.

Never use more then 50% on my 4 cores with Ht off :).

Edited by monoking