kevenc

1.7.1.5 Zombie are differents [FEEDBACK]

Give your feedbacks on the 1.7.1.5 Zombies AI here.

Personally, I don't see much of difference from 1.7.1.4.

The real difference is the drop in audibility levels, albeit a very slight change.

I saw a vid of someone playing it, and he crouch ran past a monkey like zed, in daylight, at 30m. I'm sure its better now. That said once he aggrod the zombies he was toast. Seems perfect to me :)

The fixes weren't enough. If you pull one zombie, you still pull ALL the zombies. They still have laser vision and they break bones too easily. When they don't give you morphine anymore a basic encounter can now be game over. Not fun.

You can crouch run past zombies if you are:

1-level of sound

any-level of sight as long as you stay out of a zombies 60 degree FOV (Field of view) that is dictated by his body direction.

So far I've found that as long as you pay attention to which direction zombies are looking in you should have little trouble sneaking past them. Prone is now viable but you can no long go right up next to a zombie.

Much better for me. Crawling near Zs no problem. Also had no problems is buildings+barns (previously had BIG problems in barns).

It sounds great, more realistic but still playable, tomorrow I will try It. Only one question I you have low level of sight you still can be crouch near them? ( at least without moving)

I wish they'd at least start you off with the hatchet and morphine if they don't want us to start with a gun.

I had huge problems in buildings. I was looting the grocery in Pustoshka and get attacked 5 meters from a wall.

Dont want to sound elitist but I think it is too easy. I can pretty much crouch run everywhere except on tarmac. Too easy to run straight past zeds. Its gonna go back to deathmatch due to boredom. except the not starting with a pistol will probably stop the old DM levels.

It's perfect' date=' now.

[/quote']

This. At least for the current itertion, let us adapt!

Feels like a decent challenge.

What I don't like is zombies getting aggroed by sound but immediately pathfinding to me past walls etc. Even though they could not see me.

Acoustic aggro should still require LOS to be established (ignoring current player visibility, but considering direction)

some people say that can't crouch walk and other say that can crouch run :S.

Depends on what server you're on and if it has been updated correctly... I think. Just played a couple hours on a 1.7.1.5 server and I was able to get around infected much much easier than in 1.7.1.4. Not as easy as pre 1.7 but I think it's a very good balance.

It is a step in the right direction balance wise. I didnt seem to agro any Zeds while prone crawling like was happening in .4 but I still pull agro through walls from crouch walking inside buildings with relative ease.

Rocket said .4 was bugged and unintentionally hard and that it would likely take several updates to get the tweaking just right. I think .5 shows this perfectly. It is a step toward balance but not all the way there yet, that will come in time so I'm not worried about it.

They are just as annoying to the point I'm just gonna CS until they make them less wallhack using Zeds.

Vision detection still abit too far at times, Zeds still spawning at too fast of a rate, along with their glitchy behavior when attempting to lose them. Losing Zeds is still inconsistent at times. Also, Zeds having the ability to run at their speeds is a little crazy considering how hard they hit.

The fixes weren't enough. If you pull one zombie' date=' you still pull ALL the zombies. They still have laser vision and they break bones too easily. When they don't give you morphine anymore a basic encounter can now be game over. Not fun.

[/quote']

Pretty much sounds like a scene from a zombie movie xD

So I think we're on a good way.

you can walk past zeds at a reasonable distance....you dont agro them from 100m away anymore....feels much like the old zombies

you can walk past zeds at a reasonable distance....you dont agro them from 100m away anymore....feels much like the old zombies

Their vision is pretty far, particularly during daytime. That being said, it's not too bad when sneaking past 3-4. When you're sneaking past 6 of them though facing in multiple directions, things get abit sticky.

Broken bones is an incredible annoyance now, especially when it's caused by zombies. Even if you miraculously survive an attack, you won't find the "cure" quickly. I spent at least an hour crawling around not being able to go up stairs just trying to find it before giving up after someone aggro'd Zeds on me =P