Sign in to follow this  
Zirxzy

Hackers Dayz?

Hello,

I'm new to Dayz and maybe interested to buy Arma 2, but I heard about hackers, what does this actually mean? computer hackers?

I hope this is the right forum.

Thanks in Advance! :)

• Like 1

it means In-game hackers, They cheat to get items and kill everyone They wont harm your computer as long as you don't download any file thats about dayZ that seems suspicious other than DayZCommander. then they could get ya key and swap it with a fake/Banned key.

Edited by NotSoCivil

Yes do not download any DayZ/Arma 2 related exe's from untrusted sources like youtube, cause they'll get hold of your CD key, and use it to hack, then eventually get banned.

They are not hackers :lol: people use that term far too much, they are scripters cause that is what ArmA was designed for, the game and addons run on scripts.

In Dayz you don't want these scripts to run so BatlEye attempt to block them, in most cases BE does a decent job but it's a cat and mouse game, scripts get blocked so new ways are found until that gets blocked.

No harm can happen to your PC playing Dayz :) the only time you're at risk is if you download something dodgy from a website claiming it boosts performance or gives better frames etc

There is no magic fix, plenty of forum posts here will show you how to optimise your settings but ArmA is very CPU heavy and most processors struggle.

• Like 1

Indeed, cheating does not make you a hacker.

Also, DayZ Commander is the only recommended piece of 3rd party software. Download anything else at your own risk.

Dude get DayZ commander, it's the best and only thing you will ever need. As for hackers? Pfft, I play on the most popular Australian server has 80 or 90 slots and it's very busy 24/7 and I haven't seen a hacker in months. I have no issues with DayZ, kicks or anything like that. I play all day and only disconnect on restarts. Again haven't had an issue for months. If you have good admins then you should be fine. Just get in game tracker and find a popular local server and go for t. DayZ & the ArmA series is the best game I've ever played.

Hackers? Seems always to strike me when i get geared and managed to find a vehicle. They're still there but not much as before. I just got myself owned from one few days ago. Was about to find materials to repair a bus and i flew 5 meters in the air and died.

Hello,

I'm new to Dayz and maybe interested to buy Arma 2, but I heard about hackers, what does this actually mean? computer hackers?

I hope this is the right forum.

Thanks in Advance! :)

I suggest trying out my server :D

We're gaurded by TSW Anti-Hack, one of the best out there!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144974-wolf-pack-dayzchernarus-hardcore-server-active-admins-many-custom-scripts-kill-messages-added-weapons-debug/

IP: 198.27.83.217:2372

Teamspeak: ts52.gameservers.com:9314

It's run on a vilayer host so it has really low lag & good FPS. Tons of features and active admins. Try it out!

I suggest trying out my server :D

We're gaurded by TSW Anti-Hack, one of the best out there!

You are kidding ? :lol:  TSW anti-hack has many good uses, stopping scripters isn't one of them.

It's as good as stopping scripters as you are of spelling guarding :p

Breaking Point anti hack seems to work the best from my experience.

No worries, I can confidently report that the scripters are gone. I've gone back to the official hive and haven't experienced or heard reports of hackers while in game for months now. Oh well, I just jinxed myself.