Sign in to follow this  
RickyMeekle

No one replies on DayZ

Hi,

I try and type to people saying "hello" or "I need help" or whatever. Nobody replies back. There is at least 2-3 people in the game but no one types back. Plus I get errors saying "Bad Version, blah blah blah" 

Is that a problem or not? Plus is there anyway I can type to people so people can type back?

Thanks for any help.

Make sure you type in Sidechat. If you type in other channels there's the chance that they won't see it, as "Direct Comm." is just your direct sorrounding.

• Like 1

What channel are you typing in? Make sure you're in "side chat" to type to everyone. Press the "," or "." keys to switch between channels. Side is blue.

Bad version is going to have to do with your arma 2 beta version.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you for your help guys. Is there a way to fix it @ TheDesigner?

Do you use DayZ Commander?

If so, it's as simple as updating ArmA 2 up in the top, above al the DayZ variants, the same place where you update DayZ.

• Like 1

Updated these; Arma 2 (up  to date) and DayZ, but still bad version, + the side chat thing didn't work, I pressed the dot and the comma but still didn't work. It didn't change.

@DarkPhaze - just a friendly tip, use those different channels to your advantage:

Main Channels:

The Side Chat (blue) as they've stated, will allow you to type to people all across the map (most servers don't want you to speak in the side chat using a Mic; they prefer text only).

The Vehicle Chat (yellow) will allow you to type/speak to those in the same vehicle as you. Useful if you just want to speak to your friends in your helicopter or SUV etc.

The Direct Chat (off-white) will allow you to type/speak to anyone close to your character (if you want to rob someone for example, you could get the drop on them, aim your gun at the back of their head and tell them in Direct Chat: drop your gear or die, you have a gun at your head; OR if you're nicer than that, just give a heads up to any player you've seen looting a construction site that you're friendly and entering the site etc.)

Hope these tips help if you hadn't figured those out already :)

• Like 1