Sign in to follow this  
aeinola

Players who prefer 1st person only

There seems to be lots of people that wants to play 1st person only servers but the problem is there is no place where to play. There is only few servers online anymore where 3rd person is disabled and on theses servers there is not lot of players at the moment. The point of this topic is to solve this issue so the players that prefer 1st person don't have to play on 3rd person enabled servers (because these are the only populated servers at the moment).

Solution 1 - DayZero

DayZero is close to Vanilla DayZ with some differences. DayZero servers has good FPS and its overall quality is very good. No crazy amount of vehicle or weapon spawns. I think this is better than basic Vanilla. DayZero servers are well populated at primetime.

BMRF.ME is currently hosting four 1st person only servers:

1 AU Chernarus

2 US Chernarus

1 US Podagorsk

ZOMBIES.NU is currently hosting five 1st person only servers:

2 DE Podagorsk
2 SE Chernarus
1 SE Podagorsk

The BMRF.ME servers biggest problem is that there is a little "pay-to-win" system going on. You get little gear for your fresh spawn if you donate. ZOMBIES.NU servers dont have any "pay-to-win" going on. You only get better clothes and can join easily on full servers if you donate.

Solution 2 - Existing servers
Choose one good 1st person server that is still alive and go there together. Start topic (or use this one) to get all players who prefer 1st person only together and join all in one server at the same time. This should not be hard if you commit to this. I know there is lot of you who want this so do something about it.

Solution 3 - Host your own server/s
Now this would probably be the best thing you have ever done to promote 1st person servers. Start gathering players who prefer 1st person only together and create a little community. From this community i'm sure you'll find skilled people to host (and even mod) your own 1st person only servers. You could start with one. Everyone donates few dollars for this project to get it started. If the server gets players and it seems you need another server, go for it. At this point you could build website for this project whit your own message board. This thing could grow fast if there really is hundreds or even thousands of players that prefer 1st person only servers.
  • Like 2

Solution 3 - Host your own server/s
Now this would probably be the best thing you have ever done to promote 1st person servers. Start gathering players who prefer 1st person only together and create a little community. From this community i'm sure you'll find skilled people to host (and even mod) your own 1st person only servers. You could start with one. Everyone donates few dollars for this project to get it started. If the server gets players and it seems you need another server, go for it. At this point you could build website for this project whit your own message board. This thing could grow fast if there really is hundreds or even thousands of players that prefer 1st person only servers.

We definitely don't need more servers...

• Like 1

We definitely don't need more servers...

So you think there is enough populated 1st person only servers? You should post them here so all can see, i think people don't find them if they exist.

Edited by aeinola

Unless you have an organized community behind you to populate the new server, number 3 isn't going to work. People just don't want to be the 1-6 person on the server. Some even want more than that, around 20.

The servers you listed are decent servers and I've played on them before.

Unless you have an organized community behind you to populate the new server, number 3 isn't going to work. People just don't want to be the 1-6 person on the server. Some even want more than that, around 20.

Well that is the whole idea. To build 1st person only community and organize it and host own servers. It seems everyone wants all this on a silver plate. If this is something people feel strongly they should do something about it.

You have already listed plenty of first person servers... Why would we need any more?

Well that is the whole idea. To build 1st person only community and organize it and host own servers. It seems everyone wants all this on a silver plate. If this is something people feel strongly they should do something about it.

Well, you're right. People do feel strongly about it. But it's a little late for me. I played the mod a little under a year and got pretty bored with the everyday occurrences, mostly because third person servers popped up everywhere and promoted a sort of casual deathmatch on the coast. DayZmod is boring. I've been there, done that, a thousand times over. Never liked any of the mods that came out for DayZ either, maybe except for Lingor Island, but that was because it was the first mod and something new. It was a great mod in the beginning. A fantastic mod. It was really immersing. But now, it's an e-peen fest on the coast to see who can act like the most dark and edgy Bandit there is.

Edited by TheDesigner

Well, you're right. People do feel strongly about it. But it's a little late for me. I played the mod a little under a year and got pretty bored with the everyday occurrences, mostly because third person servers popped up everywhere and promoted a sort of casual deathmatch on the coast. DayZmod is boring. I've been there, done that, a thousand times over. Never liked any of the mods that came out for DayZ either, maybe except for Lingor Island, but that was because it was the first mod and something new. It was a great mod in the beginning. A fantastic mod. It was really immersing. But now, it's an e-peen fest on the coast to see who can act like the most dark and edgy Bandit there is.

If this is too late for you i would like to hear your thoughts if things were different. If you still wanted to play the mod and only in 1st person servers, Are my suggestions any good? I think people are just lazy and wants everything they like about the mod on silver plate or else its crying time on the forums...

Well done for starting this thread and trying to organize FPV only players. If only more people on these forums tried to help like you do.

On the other hand though, I hate seeing pay-to-win servers being advertised as the last resort. IMO every server that rewards you for donating even one single dollar needs to get zero attention from the community. Pay to win is a very dirty road and surely not the kind of gamestyle DayZ deserves. But still, you bothered to do all this research and posting in order to help people, so get some beans.

Well done for starting this thread and trying to organize FPV only players. If only more people on these forums tried to help like you do.

On the other hand though, I hate seeing pay-to-win servers being advertised as the last resort. IMO every server that rewards you for donating even one single dollar needs to get zero attention from the community. Pay to win is a very dirty road and surely not the kind of gamestyle DayZ deserves. But still, you bothered to do all this research and posting in order to help people, so get some beans.

Well, it came up on the other topics that there is lot of players that is forced to play at 3rd person enabled servers because there is no traffic on 1st person only. It seems some of these people are now suggesting that Standalone must be released without 3rd person completely. That is a little harsh and not the right way to go. 1st person needs just more attention to get things rolling again.

And yes, pay-to-win is the last thing this game needs. Donations are fine but you should not get advantage over other players whit it.

So my guess is, no-one wants to play on 1st person only servers, or dont want to do anything about it?