patchspot523

First Time Bandit

Hia,

I'm new to the forms so why not introduce myself first, although if you want to read the story then just scroll down, but you've broken my heart :(. My name is Patchspot, although some people call me Patch. I started my Arma 2 career play Arma 2 Red Harvest, I then heard about the DayZ mod from my friends and thought I'd give it a go. Played it and for some reason could not keep calm in a fire fight. So I stopes playing for a bit. That was 3 months ago and my friend got me back on it and we played as heroes. So then school started and i was bored on the weekends because my friends family would go on vacations and I was stuck playing it by myself and I decided to try BANDIT.

This brings us to today. So I found a decent server with 10-12 players and thought why not. Got on, found and m9 and an mp5a, or something, and soon saw a PLAYER! So I took some pot shots and of course missed (Probably should have gotten up on the hill). I got a little closer and he started shooting at me, so I tried to flank him and got a few shots on him. I finally got behind him but WE were out of ammo, so we were there click on our guns when I switched to my m9 and shot him in the head. We laughed and laughed except he wasn't laughing.

Now what did I take away from this fight? 1. Don't stop moving unless you know where the enemy is. This is what got my little buddy killed by me. I got up behind him and he was prone looking the other direction. 2. Always check your ammo and shoot conservatively. I know this is a big one in DayZ, but I just want to say that if I had gotten up on the hill, I would have walked away with a lot more blood. 3. Know your limits. Even if your n experienced Arma 2 or DayZ player, it never hurts to find out your weapon's capabilities and range. Just look on the DayZ wiki and look at what gun you have.

So this is my first bandit story and you can expect to hear more from me!

Seeya!

• Like 1

this story is nice one :D

is look like you enjoy bandit life :thumbsup: :ph34r:

Hardly a Bandt story, might fit into the catagory of "Kill on sight" or "murder for shits and giggles" story. Folks still confuse a true bandit effort for one of just shooting at anyone you see. A true bandit, as I see it, is one that can strip another player bare without firing a shot, or better still if really skilled, and you have the element of suprise, relinquish a group of players from their weapons and or goods and walk away kitted out and still have not having fired a shot. True banditry comes from knowing when to approach an individual or individuals in a situation that leaves them 100% at your mercy in which you, being the bandit, can dictate the terms of any outcome. Putting yourself into the right place and the right time, to have such an advantage, is the true skill of being a true bandit. Just my opinion ;)

• Like 2

Hardly a Bandt story, might fit into the catagory of "Kill on sight" or "murder for shits and giggles" story. Folks still confuse a true bandit effort for one of just shooting at anyone you see. A true bandit, as I see it, is one that can strip another player bare without firing a shot, or better still if really skilled, and you have the element of suprise, relinquish a group of players from their weapons and or goods and walk away kitted out and still have not having fired a shot. True banditry comes from knowing when to approach an individual or individuals in a situation that leaves them 100% at your mercy in which you, being the bandit, can dictate the terms of any outcome. Putting yourself into the right place and the right time, to have such an advantage, is the true skill of being a true bandit. Just my opinion ;)

i agree im a hero when i play but i appreciate a true bandit not some 10 year old COD playing squeaker with an AK in cherno shooting at anything he sees.

• Like 1

Hardly a Bandt story, might fit into the catagory of "Kill on sight" or "murder for shits and giggles" story. Folks still confuse a true bandit effort for one of just shooting at anyone you see. A true bandit, as I see it, is one that can strip another player bare without firing a shot, or better still if really skilled, and you have the element of suprise, relinquish a group of players from their weapons and or goods and walk away kitted out and still have not having fired a shot. True banditry comes from knowing when to approach an individual or individuals in a situation that leaves them 100% at your mercy in which you, being the bandit, can dictate the terms of any outcome. Putting yourself into the right place and the right time, to have such an advantage, is the true skill of being a true bandit. Just my opinion ;)

Not exactly KOS (That's what most bandits are because your still stealing someone's stuff) because he was among at me so I decided to return the favor. I wish it would be like that but player + gun = HE COMIN TO SHOT MEEEE! If I could be that way I would but its like you said, right place right time.

Edited by Patchspot

i agree im a hero when i play but i appreciate a true bandit not some 10 year old COD playing squeaker with an AK in cherno shooting at anything he sees.

Well first off ME NO PLAY COD. I'm a hardcore BIS fan (That's why I preordered ArmA 3 Dev Edition :3). Also I've played as a hero and nowadays its hard to find friendly people who want to help and are willing TO HELP. Also I wanted to be a bandit who is somewhat friendly, depending on how I feel (What out on test days ;]). Also if ya want to go hero with me I'd be glad :D. I usually go bandit when I'm alone because when shit goes shitty it's just me... Edited by Patchspot