Sign in to follow this  
Polkaman

Bad version, server rejected connection

I'm playing on the latest ARMA 2, Arrowhead and DayZ patches. Everytime I try to join a DayZ server it just gives me the message:

Bad version, server rejected connection.

Why?

You need to update to the latest arma 2 beta patch.

Same, i even used the beta patch highlighted in the green bar, saying it was the most recent.

I don't know how many servers you guys have tried, but make sure you're not trying to connect to a server with an older beta version. With all the recent updates and beta updates, some servers might not have the right versions yet.

-edit: you can check which beta version a server is running in the bottom right corner of the server-information part when you've selected a server within the in-game server browser.

Same problem with me. I tried updating using the Worrom update, Six Updater, and Manually. Wish there was a tutorial for *any* of these that works with Steam, though.

The way I fixed it was I downloaded the beta, then put this into the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch located in C - Program files (x86) - Steam - steamapps - common - arma 2 operation arrowhead.

In Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash

Start in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

In properties.

Also cannot join any server that has a beta installed. (And the ones I can join have other issues now, outlined in other threads)

I run Arma2:OA through Steam. I am hesitant to use the installer with Steam as my experience using a variety of addons and islands with Arma2 in the past has shown that Steam is a different animal alltogether. I will not use the updater because it will make it very difficult to move around my various islands that I use on other Arma2 servers with regular groups I play with.

That being said, DayZ has worked fine until tonight. Played last 3 days ago. Tonight, d/l and install the newest updated files and versions as usual. Most servers are not inaccessible and use some version of a beta that I can't play.

The others left that use 1.7.1.5 that I have as of tonight...MOSTLY don't work. I get the same "bad version" error that the OP says. The few that DO work are the same version with no beta....BUT I spawn continually in some debug landscape 21km away from the play area and have lost all my main inventory gear (kept pack and lower menu items: lost rifle, food, ammo, water etc).

Running this from Steam. PC with Win7 64 bit, nVidiaGTX260 vid card, 6 gigs of RAM

The way I fixed it was I downloaded the beta' date=' then put this into the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch located in C - Program files (x86) - Steam - steamapps - common - arma 2 operation arrowhead.

In Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash

Start in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

In properties.

[/quote']

This fixed the problem for me, thank you. Should sticky this for the future. Only problem now is I'm stuck in the debug wasteland lol.