echocage

20 FPS on gaming rig

Hey guys, wanted to know if anyone had any advice, I'm currently getting about 20-30 fps everywhere on my new rig, even on low settings. On all ultra settings I get 100-120 fps in battlefield so this game should be AT LEAST playable.

Full Build Breakdown

GPU: Radion HD 7970
CPU: I7 3770k

RAM: 16gbs

I've spent a better part of the day changing config settings, testing each of the graphics settings, nothing seems to get me above 40 fps, even on the coast away from the city. 

I tried multiple servers, which all different graphics settings, still not being able to get more than 40 (on low)

NOTE: This is not just a normal case of "Arma 2 isn't optomized", I've seen people with my same rig getting 70-90 fps on highest settings

Edited by echocage

To be honest im at a bit of a loss... your GPU is a series up from mine, your CPU is the same as mine and you have 4Gb more ram than me yet i play it maxed out high fps no problems at all. Are you sure all of your drivers are updated?

I get poor fps too my friend, I have a more than capable pc too.

Im not sure what to say... The 7970 is a nice card to my knowledge o.o ...

Hope you get it straightened out

Try changing server or mod.

Sometimes, servers are shitty.

PS. If you think 20-30 isn't playable for Arma2, try playing it on 18 FPS constantly

you will love it

not

Edited by Hosty

Try changing server or mod.

Sometimes, servers are shitty.

PS. If you think 20-30 isn't playable for Arma2, try playing it on 18 FPS constantly

you will love it

not

Let me guess, onboard graphics? Lol....

I feel ya i played on a macbook for 2 years

I feel ya i played on a macbook for 2 years

A mac book can manage to load up more than the main menu?! :o

Have you gone in to CCC and checked your 3D app settings? If you have stuff like tessellation set to 64x then that will kill your frame rate.

Other than that I'm not really sure what to suggest if you've tried the usual config tweaks and startup parameters. You should be breaking 100 FPS on low settings, really. :S

A mac book can manage to load up more than the main menu?! :o

I was shocked too... Well i had windows on it though... The only downside was that it had to be on ULTRA LOW... And nights were pitch black, and like 12fps, 8 in cities, and it was only 200 farenheit!

Hooray for apple products!

I get like 30 fps on my laptop so this is really odd

So now I'm assuming it's a problem with dayzmod, as I tried playing around in single player, and found that I reach 120+ Fps on all maxed settings (except for anti). I've re-installed dayz multiple times, as well as arma, any suggetions?
420c01b8e3ec8bed4d5792f7dff428d8.png

So now I'm assuming it's a problem with dayzmod, as I tried playing around in single player, and found that I reach 120+ Fps on all maxed settings (except for anti). I've re-installed dayz multiple times, as well as arma, any suggetions?

420c01b8e3ec8bed4d5792f7dff428d8.png

Well if you're in the editor then that's not going to directly relate to DayZ. Because in the editor, with crazy view distance, maxed graphics, I can run 50+ FPS, and my setup is not as good as yours. I still dun understand why your FPS is shit. You should be 60-70+ out of towns, and 40+ in... What kind of servers are you playing on?