Cda

SUGGESTION (probably heard a few times honestly)

please for the love of god give us back the starting pistol EVEN if its empty i don't care i have died at least 10 times now across various servers due to people just killing out of spite every life i had nothing in my hand NOTHING. but still people shot me.

now i know people will come here say l2p w/e i went into every building in any town i came to and still found no weapon. i didn't even find the melee weapons. i have found watches,food/drink,compass here and there,ammo for various weapons, even camo clothes but still no weapon. call it bad luck i guess.

if your really set in stone about starting with no weapon at all at least give us like a shove or something that allows a weaponless person to at least knock someone/zombie down so they could at least attempt to get away.

tl:dr - I die to people that kill out of spite, frustrated i can't defend myself. needs a shove/push so i at least have a chance

A shove action isn't necessarily a bad idea. I definitely against the idea of bringing back the starter pistol though...

now i know people will come here say l2p w/e i went into every building in any town i came to and still found no weapon.

l2p

Barns and deerstands > cities.

Especially when you're unarmed, since most city guns have to be taken from their previous owners.

now i know people will come here say l2p w/e i went into every building in any town i came to and still found no weapon.

l2p

Barns and deerstands > cities.

Especially when you're unarmed' date=' since most city guns have to be taken from their previous owners.

[/quote']

i did go to barns accually... all i found was wood,ammo,cans,food/drink,and the occasional jerry can hell some barns were completely empty :dodgy:

and to the above that could work too just starting with no defense imho was not the smartest idea granted people wanted to see how it played out

i did go to barns accually... all i found was wood' date='ammo,cans,food/drink,and the occasional jerry can hell some barns were completely empty :dodgy:

and to the above that could work too just starting with no defense imho was not the smartest idea granted people wanted to see how it played out

[/quote']

Why do you feel entitled to a gun?

Some barns are empty. I guarantee you that many are not.

My l2p stands.

i don't say that bringing back the gun is a good idea, it isn't like in a real crises every human has a gun, but i do understand your concern, i sugjested a whole melee weapon system, giving normal weapons and the flashlight a melee attack, and adding melee weapons, giving you a fighting chance, http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17535 (if interested)

as it is now, the zombies also need tweeking, as they are like superpeople who see trough buildings and as most buildigns ask you to stand up or croutch to get into them you are as good as dead, especially when there is nothing in them

man i miss my makarov at times ;.;

You're terrible at this game, you don't understand it, and you should get better at it.

I've started a separate thread specifically for the purpose of not bringing back the starter pistol, with reasons outlined in it.

To be honest I HATED it when the starting weapon was removed, but it turns out that what I actually hated was the broken super senses the zombies had. Now that that has all been ironed out it's really not that big of deal to grind a bit for a weapon. A few days ago I would have said HELL YES! Now I'm not sure I ever want that makarov back...

Generally speaking, bandits have been reduced to a much smarter and cunning group than the old "durr hurr i see a guy BANG BANG BANG" without the pistol. People figured that since they had little to lose, anything you had was better than nothing. Now, I'm actually beginning to see some cooperation and trust between players. The update also put the emphasis back on zombies as opposed to bandits. The pistol being removed was a good change. I see why you want it back, but it being removed was a good thing.