mraidanpreston

Using new steam account.

So i recently got globally banned which is being investigated, but for the time being my friend who has arma 2 oa on his steam is lending me his account so I can still play etc.

Do I just log into his account and play? or delete everything and reinstall from his account and launch the game? and it will use his account?

~Thanks Aidan?

Why were you banned ? If you have any hacks or key stealing.exe files on your PC your friends key will be stolen as well.

I'd do a full system check, If you can't do that then i would do a reinstall.

You could end up having to buy 2 OA keys if you're not careful.

• Like 2

No, it is not that simple.  Steam is still going to use your CD Key even though you are on your friend's account.  You have to delete all arma files off your computer and then change the Regedit.

You also need to make sure that what ever stole your CD key is no longer on your computer.  Sometimes just deleting the program isn't good enough.

Edited by Skat3rat

Google it.  I don't remember how to.  It's not too hard as long as you do it right.

You need to change the registery entry that stores your old key, if not then you'll still be using the old key with a new steam account.

I can see both accounts getting banned here, you still haven't said how you lost your old key either.

• Like 1

Okay I understand I need to change the key? but am I replacing this key with? Will this key be my last key from the banned one? and how do I replace it with the one from my friends steam account? 

Okay I understand I need to change the key? but am I replacing this key with? Will this key be my last key from the banned one? and how do I replace it with the one from my friends steam account? 

When you change the regedit, you change your CD key.  On your friend's steam account, you need to make sure you run steam as administrator before running arma 2 and arma 2 oa.

Funny-facepalm-meme-computer_zps7f8b5720

OK listen carefully please.

1. You need to delete all Arma files off your computer along with all DayZ files.  Make sure that what ever program stole your key is gone too.

2. Change your Regedit

3. After re installing Arma 2 and Arma OA, run steam as administrator by right clicking on steam and choosing to run as administrator.

4. Run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA

5. Re install DayZ.

Edit: You still have yet to state how you lost your key.  An explanation would be nice.

Edited by Skat3rat

Funny-facepalm-meme-computer_zps7f8b5720

OK listen carefully please.

1. You need to delete all Arma files off your computer along with all DayZ files.  Make sure that what ever program stole your key is gone too.

2. Change your Regedit

3. After re installing Arma 2 and Arma OA, run steam as administrator by right clicking on steam and choosing to run as administrator.

4. Run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA

5. Re install DayZ.

Edit: You still have yet to state how you lost your key.  An explanation would be nice.

Mmmm okay, I understand most of that, by change my regedit, do you mean like delete the key? then run as admin? so it puts in the correct key? I really don't understand by what you mean" Change your regedit".

Edited by MrAidanPreston

You just run Steam/OA as admin and it will update to that key in the registry. Run the original Steam/OA account as admin and it will change back.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

Okay, so I just launched it via my friends copy and it said I was still banned, I checked in the regedit to see if the entrys in the cd key had changed? Turns out it haden't, was the same when I had my last copy?