boever

new player: a guestion

Hey I just started, and I've been wondering If you can get arma2 and the other on for like free etc?

you can get Arma 2 free (which will give you all the Arma stuff but bad textures n shit) but you need to buy OA.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to post a link for the free one you talking about, also do I need the other to play or can I go with the on you said is free. Sorry for silly guestions but I'm new to this lol.

It's worth noting that ArmA 2: Free uses lower res textures than the paid version.

6I8po3l.jpg

It's a good way to try out DayZ if you don't want to pay for both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead to begin with though. :)

• Like 3

So I can play with that version, and if I like it I'll but the two.

So I can play with that version, and if I like it I'll but the two.

DayZ is a mod for Operation Arrowhead, but it uses the map from ArmA 2. You actually need both games to play it, unfortunately.

You can get away with using ArmA 2: Free and the paid version of Operation Arrowhead.

You can't get ArmA II free, they stopped doing it. It's not on steam and the BIS website doesn't let you download it.

You can't get ArmA II free, they stopped doing it. It's not on steam and the BIS website doesn't let you download it.

ArmA2.com has a link to Armaholic where they have a mirror.

However according to many users the CD keys no longer appear to work (as of this June) so it's just essentially just a single player demo, as far as I am aware you will need the full Combined Operations to play DayZ.