Castiiell

brand new player

hey all im a brand new player looking to start playing this awesome game as far as I can tell with vids etc. any tips would be great its all installed on steam do I play with the beta patch or? also what servers to go and such.

• Like 1

Hey mate, happy to show you the ropes if you're up for playing over the weekend. Add me on steam - ToxicSludge

i suggest you dayzcommander, it provides you updates (beta verion and mod's version)

you just have to swtich the expansion beta folder launcher to main arma 2 OA folder (i think, at least i do this)

Edited by Bludy
  • Like 1

Thanx for the help guys:) much appreciated. Ill add you on steam after work today :). Last night I was having problems connecting to some servers and generally just not sure which one to even try. I tried one and was a bird lol? So any help on just getting it working properly would be great I downloaded dayz commander and updated it and such and then run it through the steam gives me the option for dayz mod and dayz beta patch I chose beta patch ? Any help would be awesome thanx again.

I would recommend this server for you, I play on it for some time now. I especially like that there are save bases. That are bases from which no one can steal you something.

The people are nice and helpfully, not all but most of them! The only thing u have to do is download DayzOverwatch via. DayzCommander.The DayzOverwatch Mod brings some new Skins,Vehicles,Weapons and Helicopters into the Game, its AWESOME :-)

Btw sry for my bad english^^ i gave my best.

If you have commander just double click a server you want to try and it will fire it up for you.

I'm afraid I don't launch from steam so can't be sure on that one.

Play a server in your region to minimise your latency, for example I am from New Zealand and I only play on NZ servers but sometimes I will go on a Aussy server.

First off, I would stop watching tons of DayZ youtube. I think we can all agree that YouTube stars in DayZ paint a pretty far-fetched and hard to achieve gameplay style. Its not all fun and games, and you WILL die when you think you  cant be stopped.

First off, I would stop watching tons of DayZ youtube. I think we can all agree that YouTube stars in DayZ paint a pretty far-fetched and hard to achieve gameplay style. Its not all fun and games, and you WILL die when you think you  cant be stopped.

well said my good man! I bought a new PC simply to run Dayz, thinking I could quickly become a dayz god, how wrong was I? As an older player I was an arma 1 vet, thought I could breeze through arma 2 dayz due to being used to the gaming style. Its the toughest gaming mission I have ever encountered. Frankie and Frags make the game look fun, with lots of random encounters with friendlies. The truth is different though, in my 30 hours gaming, I have mainly met up with cold hearted killers who shoot first, & hunt you down even when you cry friendly and don't fire back. Its a frustrating experience giving a player the benefit of the doubt when you could mow them down in a storm of bullets, only for them to murder you and laugh.

However... I have met 2 friendlies so far, & the high you get from meeting a player who plays like you makes up for all the bad times... In my opinion anyway.

Most important: Be a nice guy! We have our fair share of bandits and grunts already. Thank you!

Wow, I bought the complete back of Arma 2 and the Dayz mod to play this game after reading it on yahoo.  It's cool and all but I had trouble to get it started.  It good now. but my main problem is getting on a server.  when I et on the Steam server, I just get kicked out.  I looke dup some forums and copied the armoa and pasted to the other folder.  also downloaded dayz commander.  still having issues.  I was able to play twice, but having a hard time finding other players.  I heard gun shots and I heard people talking.  When I chat, seems like no one can see me.  anyone wanna link up and show we a few?  I am able to get on around 9pm eastern UNited States time, I found two small packs, no weapons though.  no food or water, a few ammos, and a tool box.  anyone wanna help?

Welcome to the DayZ! Send me a message if you want to run around a bit. I'm part of a community, but also have a private TS. I remember first playing this and you really will die a lot getting used to it. Best advice, do not get attached to gear lol.

Hope you enjoy whether I hear from you or not. 

hey all im a brand new player looking to start playing this awesome game as far as I can tell with vids etc. any tips would be great its all installed on steam do I play with the beta patch or? also what servers to go and such.

I suggest trying out my server  :D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144974-wolf-pack-dayzchernarus-hardcore-server-active-admins-many-custom-scripts-kill-messages-added-weapons-debug/

IP: 198.27.83.217:2372

Teamspeak: ts52.gameservers.com:9314

It's run on a vilayer host so it has really low lag & good FPS.Tons of features and active admins. Try it out!

Download DayZ Commander: http://dayzcommander.blob.core.windows.net/releases/Dotjosh.DayZCommander.Installer.msi

Then install, update DayZ in the Install/Update tab and update DayZ.

Then under favorites put the IP I gave above and join our server!

dayz=good

dayz epoch =better

dayz commander=good

play with six=painfull

cherno=bad

electro=bad

mustygaming.com=outstanding

players that shoot on sight=annoying

• Like 1