Sign in to follow this  
NoYzE

Frames 30 and below pls HELP =(

Hello Guys 

So i am really desprate with this one i love to play dayZ and last week i thought i will get a new graphics card for DayZ to get better frames and so on i know my CPU is not that good either but it should run it with at least 50 frames, anyway so i bought a GTX 760 but nothing really changed i still get 30 frames max drops to 20 when playing for half an hour or so.

And believe me guys i tried every fucking guide to max the fps in dayz but nothing helps stays on the freaking 30 frames per second!

So maybe you guys can help me as my last resort =D

My Specs:

Prozessor: AMD Phenom II X6 3.6 GHz Turbo Core
Mainboard: ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO
Arbeitsspeicher: DDR3 8GB Ram
Grafikkarte: Windforce GTX 760 
Betriebssystem: Windows 7 x64

Phenom IIs absolutely hate DayZ, that's more than likely your issue.

What are your current graphics settings?

• Like 2

Texturedetails: Normal

Graphic memory: Default

Anis. Filter: Normal

Antialising: Disabled

landscape: normal

object: very low

Shadow: disabled

HDR: Normal

Vsync: disabled

postprocessing: disabled

Never ever i am going to buy AMD :( thats unbelievable -.-

Hmm... those graphics settings should be fine really.

Have you made any changes to your arma2oa.cfg and are you launching with any startup parameters?

I run an AMD FX-4100 3.8 and it seems to handle reasonably well... my guess is that the standalone will run a bit smoother for you.  I dunno what the socket type is for the Phenom processor but it wouldn't cost you much more than $100 to pick up a new cpu.

I run an AMD FX-4100 3.8 and it seems to handle reasonably well... my guess is that the standalone will run a bit smoother for you.  I dunno what the socket type is for the Phenom processor but it wouldn't cost you much more than $100 to pick up a new cpu.

No, that Phenom 2 X6 might be more performant than your FX-4100.

I know a guy that runs 40-60 frames with a 965. That's only a quad core. Have you tried with some FPS increasing tutorials? Also what are your start up parameters? I've seen people use the wrong ones, and mess up the cores on the CPU.

Alright guys i tried every performance tweak i could find for dayZ but it didnt do anything =(

My startup Parameters:

-nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -Cpucount=6 -maxmem=8192 -maxvram=2048

And yeah i have change some things in the config but only the maxframesahead and the FoV since i reinstalled the game after i bought my new graphics card and still had shitty frames.

I know that my Cpu is a little slow and stuff but it seems a little bit weird that i only get about 30 frames with that setup ?!

Thanks for the response guys =D

If you need more info about the config let me know i can post it if you need it 

Edited by NoYzE

Oh look another one of these threads, about time a fucking mod made a sticky or something isnt it? Or does the forum survive on these threads

you can't use all 8 gigs of memory for just the game. your os and background stuff needs some of that also.

try changing your -maxmem to 4056. 4 gigs is more than enough to run the game.

Also you can try getting msi afterburner and using the osd to see how hard your gfx card is working. if it's not being used much try going into your nvidia control panel and changing your power management mode to "prefer maximum performance" under the manage 3d settings tab.

Also take note of your gfx card clock. It should be running at it's advertised clock speed while you are in game. I had a problem with my old card downclocking itself because the game wasn't stressing it enough. I can't remember what exactly i did to fix it though.

And your cpu should be fine. I'm running a AMD quad core and getting 40-70 fps depending on where I am on the map with a 560ti.

Edited by gostrydr

Anything higher than 2048 reverts back to 2048 as it's the highest amount that can be used by ArmA 2.

If you've added those launch parameters and have your max frames ahead set in your config then I don't think there's much you can do. Seems like it's just a massive CPU bottleneck.

• Like 1

All performace related startup parameters are completely useless in most cases, as the game detects the hardware and it's usage itself properly.

This game is very CPU hungry. You won't get a good performance on your 3.6ghz 6 c0re as this game only utilize 2 cores fully. The game doesn't use more then 50% without HT and 25% with HT on my 4770k. This game relies on heavy IPC so ghz won't say much, Amd have known to have poor IPC compared to intels i3/i5/i7 so they will perform alot worse. I have a 760GTX as well now. and i have jumped from Q9550 to 2500k, recently got 4770k and i noticed only huge difference in performances by then.

I overclocked it to 4.5GHZ and i see the 760gtx is only using 65% of its full capacity on very high. My frame rates are capped by the cpu bottleneck, i can increase the resolutions etc until my gpu capacity is used up completely until it starts to drop framerate.

If you want a better performance, get a new CPU. Atleast an I5 to get reasonable performance. Jumping from Q9550 to 2500k made a big difference in the game for me ;).

Edited by monoking
  • Like 1

Alright thx guys found several posts where guys with the Phenom have the same Problem it kinda sucks but at least i can change to intel then ;)

You helped me out alot !

Thx for all the help guys 

Have you tried Ramdisk? It helps for some, not so much for others. It's a slight increase for me, nothing too significant.

Try changing your resolution as well like changing it to 'Windowed' as you can adjust whether size you want, just make it slightly smaller and if you use a black background, this could help greatly.

Changing servers could also help too. Generally I find the BMRF servers great for performance.

RAMDISKhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkdp07a9Doc