ZoroBK

ArmA 2 DayZ or ArmA 3 zoombies?

Hi! I have been playing War Z since it was released, and now that it is infestation I am really disappointed with that game . So I was thinking in start playing the real, the original Day Z ! But then I saw that arma is already in beta and there is already and "dayz" for it. So , I dont know wich one I should buy ! Does war z (arma2) still have lots of people playing ? Does it have more of dayz coming ? Or should I buy ArmA 3 and play zoombies? (The dayz port) ? Does it have lots of people playing ? Thank you guys !

Arma2 for Dayz, Arma3 for erm Arma3 :p

I bought Arma2 last July to play Dayz and im still playing it :p

Gameplaywise its the cheapest game i have even bought :)

Arma 2 DayZ still has loads of people playing :) It also has loads and loads of different maps but afaik the Arma3 port is only currently available for Chernarus (the main Arma2 map).

I've heard the arma 3 port is still relatively buggy so if you're going to buy it straight-away I'd get Arma2, but if you want to wait a bit and are jsut thinking about it then maybe see how stable the Arma3 port is then or maybe the Standalone Alpha will even be out by then!

Edited by R3con

From what I've read in your post, I think there's a misunderstanding about what game is actually what.

To get it clear, it all started with DayZ, a modification of Arma 2. After DayZ became really successful, "The WarZ" appeared and promised it would fix all the problems the Arma 2 mod DayZ has. It quickly turned out that these were all just empty promises and the people behind were just after the money and wanted to cash in on the success DayZ has. After a IP dispute with the movie "World War Z" which didn't want any association with that horrible game and the massive and deserved PR shitstorm the game received, "The WarZ" was renamed to " Infestation: Survivor Stories". Though you are not really to blame for the confusion. This was exactly "The Warz"'s marketing strategy...

In march 2013, the Arma 3 Alpha released. By now, Arma 3 is in Beta and will release on september, 12th. Thanks to the backwards compatibility the devs focused on, it is possible to use Arma 2 maps and units in the new Arma 3 engine with its outstanding technical advancements. A modding team then ported the original Arma 2 DayZ into the new engine and called it Zoombies which is now in a early version. Due to the new engine, Zoombies offers better animations, better graphics, better framerates, a better inventory system and new features like volumetric clouds or ragdoll for the zombies. Since it's in a early stage, not every feature of the original Arma 2 DayZ mod is functional and a lot of features are still quite buggy. However, the improvements and new features Arma 3 offers are just too great to be ignored and absolutely worth the buy. Additionally, it will include the absolute stunning and huge "Altis" island and a DayZ version on it will surely happen! Ideally, you should get both.

There are more people playing the Arma 2 DayZ mod than Zoombies.

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 2

Zoombies mod for ArmA 3 isn't too great right now, it's a really early version and ArmA 3 is still in beta, but it might just be better than the ArmA 2 version in the future.

Tbh i am sure there will be some sort of DayZ mod for Arma 3 (hopefully an official one) but i would rather wait for one on Altis than the current small island of Stratis.

We don't support the Zoombies mod here btw.  Poor quality rip off -  a bit like WarZ... or whatever the hell it is called now....Infested Survivor Scabies or something?

Tbh i am sure there will be some sort of DayZ mod for Arma 3 (hopefully an official one) but i would rather wait for one on Altis than the current small island of Stratis.

We don't support the Zoombies mod here btw.  Poor quality rip off -  a bit like WarZ... or whatever the hell it is called now....Infested Survivor Scabies or something?

Laughed out loud at "Infested Survivor Scabies" Edited by Plexico