Sign in to follow this  
rapid12

Wilderness Bay...last chance b4 I...

This game has been the bane of my gaming life since I heard about it. We know it's in ALPHA, or a glimpse in your father's eye it's that fucking fucked up for some of us, yet there's still thousands of us trying to play it.

I've deleted it, and reinstalled it via the 6 installer. Prior to, and after doing so, I can only spawn in Wilderness Bay, which is nothing but featureless hills.

Anyone please point me to a solution to this.

I've wrongly trashed this game in the past for various reasons, but keep popping back in for a look. But now I've come to the conclusion that the whole idea is trying to run before it can walk, which in turn has wasted collectively probably thousands upon thousands of hours in peoples' time.

try updating via the six updater which what i just did right now

1. open up six updater.

2 go to the mods tab.

3 scroll unil you find @dayz it should be in alphabetical order

4. right click @dayz, updater actions, install or update mods. ( you may need to do this more than once so that both expansion/beta and @dayz are installed)

5 if all goes right the status should change to a green skip.

I recently had your problem and maybe more all i had to do was update

Doesn't make any difference I'm afraid. I think I've had enough of trying, time to fuck this shit off until it's fit for purpose.

The game works fine for those people who bother to search for the problems they're having instead of just making a QQ thread, if you prove some basic information i'm pretty sure it will be resolved.

1. Did you try respawning / switching to a variety of servers

2. Are you invisible in 3rd person

3. Did you install the beta patch

4. Did you buy the game on steam

The game works fine for those people who bother to search for the problems they're having instead of just making a QQ thread' date=' if you prove some basic information i'm pretty sure it will be resolved.

1. Did you try respawning / switching to a variety of servers

2. Are you invisible in 3rd person

3. Did you install the beta patch

4. Did you buy the game on steam

[/quote']

1. Respawning, no. Switching servers, loads of times.

2. Sometimes I can't even select 3rd person. Though when I did (after you prompted me to) I could see myself.

3. Yes. Latest, and the previous.

4. Yes.

I'm not quite sure it'll be resolved, as I've found the players who do know about techy stuff are actually playing the game.

If you can see your self, then try respawning or if not try searching on the forum for a way out there is a few "solutions"

There are a lot of people who know "techy" stuff here, my self included. The way you get out is basically a glitch.