Sign in to follow this  
Random (DayZ)

Problem...

Will explain the problem ... : (

I went into the game, then the server Daisy, loading, spawn and just fall to the ground. On the screen of an hourglass, in which a black strip is crawling very slowly.

ba81b9db57bb.jpg

I have the same exact issue... except my hour glass has more time left.

If you look you'll notice that you only have 3k or so blood, you've been wounded or knocked to the ground and you're unconcious. You need to wait for the hourglass to count down an then you'll wake up, if you're still bleeding then you're probably going to die before you get back up.

Harder you got hit, the longer you'll stay down, an alternative is to have a friend use an epi-pen on you.

We're not bleeding, and this thing has been going for over an hour now... and it isn't even 1/10 done... Not to mention, that I died... and this happened on respawn.... but it's showing the stats from the old character

Yea I had a similar situation in the past, if you didn't get far a disconnect and reconnect to a new server will help, or jump off jump back on the one you were on.

I was also stuck yet mine didn't move at all, I didn't have anything of value so I shut down the entire game and restarted It back up, fixed the issue for me.

Hm... Unfortunately the fix Brooklyn suggested didn't work for me.

Same issue here, can't bring up esc menu or do anything so it seems my character is stuck and I cannot play untill it is fixed

Hey, this just happened to me as well.

The only fix for this seems to be to get someone to find you and pot shot you... fuck that... how am I supposed to get someone to do that, when I just started and I don't know where I am at. No map, no comp, no locale info.

Devs need to implement a suicide key, or something.

I paid 30 dollars for this game, not Arma2, I would like it to work. I understand bugs and such but fuck this is ridic. It is just stuck there and it has been, at this point 20 hours or so...

I want to play... please fucking fix this!

Yeah, I got the same problem.

It would seem that the game has somehow saved the state of the player dying (I kinda figured that out as I see the broken bone symbol on the HUD too, which was the case before my last death)... and then, when trying to join a game, it will just always go to that dying state - but this time, being buggy so that the time won't pass. Neither the ingame chat work will work (as it cannot be used during the dying state) and nor will any other ingame control/menu (at least I have to kill the ArmA process from the task manager to get out of that screen).

The problem persists regardless of the selected server. (Or the selected player profile name - as they apparently share the save data)

So basically, I cannot play the DayZ mod anymore - at all. :(

If would be really nice to get that bug fixed - or to just get my player save data completely wiped out so I could start a fresh game without the buggy save.

EDIT: After a tedious day of connecting to different servers, leaving the game on for hours on end, finally I got rid of the bug. The hourglass time never really got anywhere, but my water level eventually dropped to mimum and started causing damage. And after a few attempts of loitering on servers it finally caused my blood level to go all the way to zero and thus causing death and allowing me to continue the game. All in all, it took hours of waiting in the hourglass screen, so its definitely not something I want to do again... ever.

But, it seems that when the bug appears, its may possibly mean several hours or maybe even days (or indefinitely) of waiting to get rid of it. I hope the bug gets fixed soon so this doesn't happen to people, 'cos it was one tediously long wait.

We cannot press esc. It does not work, and re spawning... puts us in the same position.

Same issue here' date=' can't bring up esc menu or do anything so it seems my character is stuck and I cannot play untill it is fixed

[/quote']

Exact problem I am having... It is very frustrating. You can't even message people otherwise I'd beg people to finish me off...

I paid 30 dollars for this game' date=' not Arma2, I would like it to work. I understand bugs and such but fuck this is ridic. It is just stuck there and it has been, at this point 20 hours or so...

[/quote']

-If you check you receipt, you'll realize you bought ArmA2.

-You bought ArmA2 to play DayZ, a mod for ArmA2.

-A mod that is currently in the alpha stage of testing.

-In your situation, I would be frustrated too though.

It seems my only hope is to leave the game running overnight and hope I win the Day Z lottery when I wake up and see I'm actually dead.... I've never wanted to have a person kill me so badly in a game.

I tried that Jerry, after over 8 hours of waiting the game kicked me for being afk... I couldn't even stop it from kicking me :[

I tried that Jerry' date=' after over 8 hours of waiting the game kicked me for being afk... I couldn't even stop it from kicking me :[

[/quote']

Fantastic...

I would suggest emailing the dayz staff with your username and any contents of your inventory you can remember (so they can find "you") and asking to have your profile deleted.

I would suggest emailing the dayz staff with your username and any contents of your inventory you can remember (so they can find "you") and asking to have your profile deleted.

I just tried that... I will share if it is helpful.

I got the exact same problem last night and it is still stuck. I cannot press anything or even use the chat.

What really pisses me off is that I just started playing this mod yesterday

I got the exact same problem last night and it is still stuck. I cannot press anything or even use the chat.

What really pisses me off is that I just started playing this mod yesterday

I actually got it working now. I waited for about 3 h and for some reason I started bleeding and died for good. I don't know if someone shot me while laying there or what.

It takes 15mins untill you can get back up.

Dont log out when you get shot and it wont happen agian :)

It takes 15mins untill you can get back up.

Dont log out when you get shot and it wont happen agian :)

This is not correct as you are not understanding the issue.

In my case, I got attacked by zombies and fled, however my char passed out and got eaten. 'You Are Dead' screen appears and so I abort game to re-connect to start anew. Upon game entry I see the hour-glass sign immediately and it moved only approx 4% over an 1hr 30min period.

This is a bug which is quite game breaking. I shall leave a game running over night in the hope my char dies of thirst as this appears to be the only reported credible solution.

EDIT: Well I just went to leave a session running for my char to die of thirst and my character loaded up with full health, fully conscious. Happy days.