Sign in to follow this  
GuiltyGod

Flares emit no light

Hey guess so I just recently got back into playing DayZ again and when I log into a night server (Favorite Kind) if I try to throw a flare or light one it emits no light. I can just see the flare itself burning red with sparks but no light is emited (Remains pitch black) Any tips on fixing this? Ive reinstalled DayZ and revilidated Arma II and Arma II OA with no problems detected. My graphics cards are up to date as well and I've never had this problem before. Thanks for your time guys.

Where exactly are you throwing the flare? In buildings and on roads the engine sometimes doesn't recognize the flare or that the environment should be lit up and it appears to be dark while you're actually carrying a flare. If you test out certain areas and surfaces and it still won't work, there's something wrong. But especially inside cities it is kind of normal, yet unpredictable.

Thanks, Ill give that a try. I tryed it in two open feilds so far with no luck. If it does persist however, any advice on what it could be?