Sign in to follow this  
Shark Eel

Lighting Guide

Unfortunately due to the increasing popularity of day-only servers, this video is kinda obsolete for most players. However, for the players who continue to play the traditional way, i created a video guide on lighting and fires, explaining the use and features of each type of light. It was made a loooong time ago, so i'm sorry for any things i may have missed out. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYscpaAON0

• Like 1

Look, I will level with you. The idea for your video is smart, you are showing something in a explanatory fashion that is useful for new and even old players.

BUT, you need a microphone if you want to get views and/or likes. There is nothing I hate more (and i'm sure that anyone will agree) than having to read text on youtube videos. You can't follow along, and you can't keep interested because its like a video of a newspaper being filmed lol, and it gives you absolutely no way of making yourself unique, or separating you from the other 1,000,000 dayz videos.

• Like 1

Look, I will level with you. The idea for your video is smart, you are showing something in a explanatory fashion that is useful for new and even old players.

BUT, you need a microphone if you want to get views and/or likes. There is nothing I hate more (and i'm sure that anyone will agree) than having to read text on youtube videos. You can't follow along, and you can't keep interested because its like a video of a newspaper being filmed lol, and it gives you absolutely no way of making yourself unique, or separating you from the other 1,000,000 dayz videos.

Kids these days. While some audio might be easier to follow in some cases the text was perfectly readable and presented at a good pace. 

Using text is okay imo (if you slow it down a little bit ;)) , although adding your own voice adds a uniqueness to youtube videos that should not be underestimated.

... assuming your interested in attracting more views and "likes"...

Yeah I guess i should have added sound. Bear in mind however that I was 14 & a half when this video was made, exactly a year ago. I was kinda squeaky then, and i still am a bit. Plus, my accent doesn't really help either, nor does the background noise you might hear.

I just thought it was more appropriate to use text that was readable by a large audience than to use voice. 

• Like 1