LancerG2

Execution

Just a simple Idea but when you shoot somebody in a certain way (Like a heatshot from behind) a different camera angle hits showing you shoot the guy. Maybe with such a idea though you can only do this with handguns and only from behind or if the person is on the ground.

Just a simple Idea of badassery. As for the victim tough they see the execution angle at a more menacing manner showing that they are screwed over.

As this is only a small Idea there is room for improvement so feel free to comment and stuff.

EDIT: The execution cam doesn't work all the time as It could be a major annoyance, more likely it happens at random, otherwise implament a function called execution kill where you press a button to toggle from normal (you can move while shooting, do shit like that) to execution, can only reload and shoot, can walk (to line up shot) but can't do all that shit like check backpack or anything like that.

:murder:

Edited by LancerG2
  • Like 1

seems like it could be cool... but at the same time would get you killed more times then you were able to use it

Nothing like COD. What I envisioned was a slo-mo of a guy stretching out his arm with a revolver in his hand, putting it to the other guys head and pulling the trigger, all from a 3rd person perspective.

It would be cool, but if you accidentally got a headshot and this triggered when you didn't want it to, you wouldn't be happy if you got shot halfway through it. I suppose it could work if it was limited to pistols but still.

• Like 1

Let me explain why this is a bad idea:

You're a bandit sniper sitting in a well covered area.

You see a group of 3 survivors who are totally unaware of your presence.

You shoot and kill 1 of them before losing sight of the other 2.

The player you just killed checks the killcam.

The dead player gives away your position over Team Speak to his buddies.

His 2 buddies flank around and kill you.

• Like 3

What I envisioned was a slo-mo of a guy stretching out his arm with a revolver in his hand, putting it to the other guys head and pulling the trigger, all from a 3rd person perspective.

This wouldn't work unless it were a reply of your death in slo-mo.  You cannot warp time for 1 person while everyone else remains unaffected on the same server.

ohh so more like "Hitman"......... we have enough ASSHOLES people causing Players "GREIF" ....... I know lets try and SURVIVE

• Like 1

Why not have multiple actions for this?

First, there would be a "bind hands" option. Just like in Chernarus life, if someone had the surrender emote active, you could select it. You could also bind their legs. Both at once, or one at a time. If they were bound, an action would come up such as "execute with pistol", and then the action would happen. I saw this in a couple of other roleplays, and I felt like it really worked. Instead of what you say, make it a bind-then execute action in the menu, like in Chernarus life. Agree?

ohh so more like "Hitman"......... we have enough ASSHOLES people causing Players "GREIF" ....... I know lets try and SURVIVE

Maybe it could give more negative humanity?

Because slaughtering a prisoner who would expect to walk off with his life is pretty inhumane.

I feel these cinematic kill cams people are suggesting will ruin the immersion. When I picture myself shooting someone in the face, I expect it to be as following:

- Aim

- BANG

- Dead

I don't want 3rd person, slow motion, lens flares, and all that cinematic shit.

• Like 1

I feel these cinematic kill cams people are suggesting will ruin the immersion. When I picture myself shooting someone in the face, I expect it to be as following:

- Aim

- BANG

- Dead

I don't want 3rd person, slow motion, lens flares, and all that cinematic shit.

U has zero swag

U has zero swag

I have swag. I'm the guy who does the 720, ladder stall, YY, cross map, headshot quickscope.

Edited by Statik

Nothing like COD. What I envisioned was a slo-mo of a guy stretching out his arm with a revolver in his hand, putting it to the other guys head and pulling the trigger, all from a 3rd person perspective.

It would be cool, but if you accidentally got a headshot and this triggered when you didn't want it to, you wouldn't be happy if you got shot halfway through it. I suppose it could work if it was limited to pistols but still.

I wasn't thinking slo-mo. I was thinking more real time. If you have played Red Dead Redemption it would be sort of like that but without how it works. You obviously plan a headshot kill, line it up and as you shoot it quickly goes into a angle to you can see his brains splatter everywhere.

Heres the RDR executions if you are short on understanding...

P.S the sepia tone slow motion is deadeye. Thats just in RDR, don't focus on that...

Edited by LancerG2

Let me explain why this is a bad idea:

You're a bandit sniper sitting in a well covered area.

You see a group of 3 survivors who are totally unaware of your presence.

You shoot and kill 1 of them before losing sight of the other 2.

The player you just killed checks the killcam.

The dead player gives away your position over Team Speak to his buddies.

His 2 buddies flank around and kill you.

For the love of god It isn't a old as shit killcam. If the guy who died gets sniped he isn't going to see where it comes from, all he would see is a bullet going though his head in an angle that shoots pink mist,

^lol @statik

Ppl do that?

I just run around on battlefield TDM killing nubs with C4 ;)

And I do like RDR style of getting business done.

Edited by AP_Norris

Fallout called. They want their idea back.

Fallout called. They want their idea back.

Lol, and skyrim.

I posted, tell em to suck it...

Honestly I think this would be difficult to implement and take a bit of time. I don't know for sure though. Also, in my opinion, it doesn't fit DayZ/ARMA at all. It's a military simulator. It's just not the type of game that has stuff like this.

• Like 2

I agree with TacticalN29. It doesn't fit in Day Zed, it'd be hard to implement and quite annoying, what if you're being shot at by another play as the "Execution"takes place? I think it'd make more sense if you just told the guy/girl to get on their knees, then just put a bullet in them. In the August dev blog, they showed the abillity to get down on dem knees and put dem handZ up, so you can kill them or loot them

I agree with TacticalN29. It doesn't fit in Day Zed, it'd be hard to implement and quite annoying, what if you're being shot at by another play as the "Execution"takes place? I think it'd make more sense if you just told the guy/girl to get on their knees, then just put a bullet in them. In the August dev blog, they showed the abillity to get down on dem knees and put dem handZ up, so you can kill them or loot them

But...But...

DRAMATICALLY EPIC CAMERA ANGLES!

For the love of god It isn't a old as shit killcam. If the guy who died gets sniped he isn't going to see where it comes from, all he would see is a bullet going though his head in an angle that shoots pink mist,

Now that makes more sense!!  You should delete your first post and write this instead.