blurhitz

Ping slowly raises along the game, gets extremely high

Hey guys, first thing I wanna say is that this is not another topic complaining about high ping. It's a different issue.

So, I never had ping problems with any games because my connection is great, and my PC is good too so I don't have much lag problems, but with DayZ it's different. 

When I join a server, it starts running normally at first, but after like 2 minutes playing, it starts to lag. So I go check my ping and its around 300ms (raised a lot, because when I join the server it is like 60ms). After 5 minutes, it is around 700ms. I can't play for 15 minutes because if I do, it gets like 3500ms.

How can I prevent my ping from raising that much? Why does that happen? My PC runs ARMA II OA just fine with no lag...

Hello xBlurHitz, well it can be a lot of things that can be messing with your ping, for example any file sharing program you got installed in your machine ? It can be Internet apps? Because it seems something is eating a lot of bandwidth... But you saying too your pc run's arma 2 with no worries, In Multiplayer? It can also be something on your router/modem that's causing that problem. Have you checked your firewall? Got any Firewalls or just windows one?

Keep Surviving  :beans:

Icanfish

• Like 1

Hello xBlurHitz, well it can be a lot of things that can be messing with your ping, for example any file sharing program you got installed in your machine ? It can be Internet apps? Because it seems something is eating a lot of bandwidth... But you saying too your pc run's arma 2 with no worries, In Multiplayer? It can also be something on your router/modem that's causing that problem. Have you checked your firewall? Got any Firewalls or just windows one?

Icanfish

I turned the firewalls and the Avast off,  but it didnt help much =/

Arma II runs fine in multiplayer too. 

And I don't have file sharing/internet apps... 

I saw one guy with 9k ping last time I tried to play, I guess he has the same problem as I do.

Hello again sorry for this big delay....

Uh... Have you tried to do a Clean install of dayz ? Never know what can happen, if is something there causing your problem. 

It's really kinda wierd, your router uses any kind of firewall system ?

Icanfish