Wolffie

New Spawn Gear BREAKS THE GAME

I must admit with the starting makarov removed my playstyle when starting anew is dramatically different.

I used to be relatively careful when starting out as I felt like I had an alright beginning and didn't want to waste ammo/painkillers by aggroing.

With the new zombie line of sight system and no gun, I just sprint headlong into the nearest town running around loot points for a gun, I have absolutely no incentive to play it careful because I have nothing to lose whatsoever. Not even a bit of starting gear worth keeping to help me survive.

In a month or two, people will not even remember there was a makarov in your starting gear and new players will never know.

The new spawn gear is pathetic. I am getting spawn killed by bandits and zombies' date=' hell, I haven't been able to survive five minutes since the change in spawn gear.

"Oh, the new spawn gear is designed to make players a less target to bandits."

NO IT DOES NOT! Bandits are still killing me just for my bandages and painkillers, only now I can't fight back.

"It discourages new players from becoming bandits."

It also ENCOURAGES bandits to prey on the new players.

This needs to be fixed, bring the Makarov back with the starting gear.

[/quote']

If your getting spawn killed spawning with a Makarov aint gonna help.

Since the new update, a friend and I have managed to gather:

2x AKM

1x M9

1x Makarov

1x Flashlight

1x Military Flashlight

8x Cooked Meat

3x Pepsi (Or at least, that's what we have left)

and much more.

It's really not hard, work as a team and everything's fine. We let new players go, but if you have even a chance of killing us, kaboom.

No spawning gear turns new players away. Game isnt difficult if you know what to do, but new players just starting out wont stay because the entery level difficulty is too high

Put the shore to your back and run... find a barn... enjoy.

That's what I did and made out okay.

No spawning gear turns new players away. Game isnt difficult if you know what to do' date=' but new players just starting out wont stay because the entery level difficulty is too high

[/quote']

I think you mean casual players.

No spawning gear turns new players away. Game isnt difficult if you know what to do' date=' but new players just starting out wont stay because the entery level difficulty is too high

[/quote']

What the game doesn't scare off, the community definitely will.

[/quote']

I completely disagree with this. I have never played arma before. Just now downloading it and specifically for this mod. I'm really excited to get it downloaded and start playing. I watched TB's vid with Rocket and it got me interested. Seeing a few threads on how things work and in paticular the whine threads about why xxx is unfair made me buy it. This is one of thoes games/mods thats not for everyone and its perfect for a masochist like myself. I WANT a hard game. I WANT a realistic game. The fact that its set in a world of zombies is just that much better. Is the mod really for me? Hell if I know I havent played it yet. But the setting, difficulty, and community driven gameplay is exactly what I'm looking for...I think.

[/quote']

1.7 was perfect. It was accessible enough for most casual players but hardcore enough for players that want that. Now the game is just a chore.

Sprint through elektro, fuck crouching, most of the zombies will lose you as you run around / through buildings. You'll be fully equipped in about 20 mins.

[/quote']

Entery level difficultly has nothing to do with whether the gameplay that follows makea the game casual.

[/quote']

Entery level difficultly has nothing to do with whether the gameplay that follows makea the game casual.

It absolutely does because casual gamers will most likely quit after the first 20 min if they die too much while non-casual gamers will already have learned how to survive within the first 5 min.

I have yet to have a problem starting out... maybe a couple times when I got hit bandaged and got hit again and had bad luck not being able to find another bandage b4 I bled to death but that was my own fault for rushing around being stupid lol.

I feel sorry for those guys that keep going to Elektro / Cherno for loot, getting killed and complaining.

Soh much easier going inland and looting Story Sobor, Airfield, Deer Stands. Actually managed to get a Coyote Backpack, AK74, M1911 and lots of food, ammo, medical supplies and tools in less than 3 hours of game by avoiding Cherno and Elektro.

Yes, you die more often, but you CAN still get good loot. In 1.7.1.4 (with super zeds) I was able to successfully loot the Balota Airstrip and get a M16A2+M203 and a G17.

Edit: I went in there with nothing but the starting gear and some glowsticks, mind you.

As always, if you are going to cherno or elektro you are doing it wrong. If you went inland you would be able to find a gun VERY quickly; there are winchesters in lots of barns. Look at loot maps.

Sprint through elektro' date=' fuck crouching, most of the zombies will lose you as you run around / through buildings. You'll be fully equipped in about 20 mins.

[/quote']

Like a true cactuar

If it was voted for, it was voted for by members of the forum who visit regularly - i.e. veteran players. Veteran players who don't have to respawn as often because they don't die as often. Veteran players who often have friends in game to help them gather gear.

The real problem with this is from a design perspective: it seals the game off to newbies. The starting Mak functions a lot like the "Oh shit" handle in a car. It's a safety blanket. Tells you that you've got some sort of control on any exigencies. Take that away, newbies don't know what the hell to do. I mean, when you started, did you know that you needed to head into towns and find the brick two-stories to get armed? Probably not.

So you're taking a feature that helped ease in newbies, and removing it to serve some invisible "majority" composed like 100% of salty veterans. Welcome to the Hardcore-ification of Day-Z. Hope you like shrinking servers.