Sign in to follow this  
Lukh

Poisoning / infection - water / food / bleeding

As an amateur of survival tricks I'm really please to see the way this mod is going (and it's only the BETA Oo !!).

I've read really few about poisoning/infection and I truly believe that deserved it own thread.

Causes

Food poisoning:

- some tin (not all) if not cooked might give your stomach really bad experience (even when you don't try to survive from hostile environment).

- some water might get you poisoned if not boiled

- "unfresh/past" meat get you poisoned

Wound infection (in other words happen while you bleed):

- if you are bleeding for a long time (X000 blood) you can get infected

- if you get hit by an Infected (or Z as u like to call them) while bleeding you have a "X" % chance to get an infection.

Don't get me wrong there is no "turning into an Infected" here just getting a new kind of bleeding.

Effects

Those infection makes you loose blood points very slowly and maybe shaking after being infected for too long. This should be easily curable by taking some pills or others drugs (with maybe timed effect).

- "X0" blood lost every 5 min

- shaking after "X000" blood lost while being poisoned/infected

This have second gameplay effect as "making fire" a more vital thing.

I hope you will like the general idea, so please rate and share your own point of view about it!

Many thanks!

True enough but will I have to agree with the answers on your post, you went too deep in realistic stats. Your ideas ask maybe too much to dev too many detail.

More ever I believe more survivors dies from untreated/misstreated wound flesh than from food poisoning.