Sign in to follow this  
Lehfeels

Tell Me Ur Favorite Weapon In Dayz?

m249 saw, go into prone to make the Bipod of use and bam, you've a recoiless sniper with no scope and is full auto. Love it.

m249 saw, go into prone to make the Bipod of use and bam, you've a recoiless sniper with no scope and is full auto. Love it.

Do you play on some sort of ACE-modded DayZ, like some people have made? Because bipods don't work in Arma...

But yeah, M249 is great.

Do you play on some sort of ACE-modded DayZ, like some people have made? Because bipods don't work in Arma...

But yeah, M249 is great.

That reminds me of an interesting post I read on the BIS forums:

"It is funny to see features that gamers want to see to make a game more "realistic" compared to what the military wants in a simulation to make it facilitate real life better. Deploy-able bi pods are a perfect example. Gamers, as we can see here, would love to see us press a button to deploy the feature. The visuals of the weapon animating are cool to look at, and like you said it would ease the human (gamer) mind. The game would feel more realistic to gamers if we could see the bi pod deploying in the prone and get the recoil reducing effects than if we just got the effects from going prone.

But if you put that into VBS2, the customer base will complain because it is an unnecessary extra step. They would argue, "If a soldier goes prone they will by nature automatically deploy their bi pod, so why should we have to learn to press the button in game?" Deploying a bi pod is not the purpose of the simulation. There are bigger things the simulation supposed to help teach a soldier."

Food for thought :P

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Low-tier: I love the Winnie and Enfield equally.

Mid-tier: AKM

High-tier: The M14 AIM/DMR combo!

That reminds me of an interesting post I read on the BIS forums:

"It is funny to see features that gamers want to see to make a game more "realistic" compared to what the military wants in a simulation to make it facilitate real life better. Deploy-able bi pods are a perfect example. Gamers, as we can see here, would love to see us press a button to deploy the feature. The visuals of the weapon animating are cool to look at, and like you said it would ease the human (gamer) mind. The game would feel more realistic to gamers if we could see the bi pod deploying in the prone and get the recoil reducing effects than if we just got the effects from going prone.

But if you put that into VBS2, the customer base will complain because it is an unnecessary extra step. They would argue, "If a soldier goes prone they will by nature automatically deploy their bi pod, so why should we have to learn to press the button in game?" Deploying a bi pod is not the purpose of the simulation. There are bigger things the simulation supposed to help teach a soldier."

Food for thought :P

A valid point, IF bipods could only be used while laying prone. However, in reality, they can be used while crouching, or even standing up, if there is sufficient ground/space to lay it on. That is why a button is better than automatically deploying; we aren't restricted to using a bipod on the ground, and we don't have to deal with having your weapon deployed every time you pass near a suitable object.

The VBS2 community may not like it, but it is just straight up simpler to press a button.

Im always surprised at how underused/appreciated the M16 acog are by players who are supposedly veterans of the game. We all know powerful rifles such as the M14 etc are great "people" killers, but fact is they're noisy and while more than capable of dealing with Z's they generally are more than is necessary for dealing with Zs.

In my opinion the M16acog is a fantastic rifle as it's a great jack of all trades, ammo is common, range is acceptable and it's got a cracking scope for scouting, pinning hostiles (while it will undoubtedly struggle against more well equipped hostiles it does a good job of spotting, buying time and even inflicting a bit of damage at decent range.

Other than that the gun I always try and get is the G36a (Epoch), red dot and acog sights, g36 and stanag mags fit it and again does a good job of everything. 

Also cannot live without my trusty 1911, everything else is just a toy... :D

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

The hatchet. Can't survive without one, gathering wood, hunting animals, killing zeds silently without having to worry about ammo. Works good against lightly armed people too. My first and only player kill was with the hatchet, he started shooting me in the back with a makarov while I was inspecting a corpse. I just love the hatchet.

• Like 1

Indeed, FAL or SA-58 are both terrific guns; I melt when I find an SA-58 in the firestation.

FAL is probably the best iron-sighted gun you can get in the entire game, due to it's power, low recoil, and accuracy. I once knocked a player out at 600-ish meters with a single shot. Love dat low recoil.

Definitely the best night-sniper, if you manage to get a PVS-14.

CZ 550 + G17

This load-out has helped me out numerous times, the CZ is easier than most rifles to find ammo for and its simplistic. Decent range too.

I don't have a favorite weapon but I have a favorite loadout :):

Primary Weapon: SVD Dragunov (it's nice because of the way the scope works, no need for rangefinder)

Secondary Weapon: M1911

Third Weapon(Carry slot): Crowbar(Gordon Freeman style biatch ;) )

Clothing: Ghillie Suit (of course)

Although I mostly snipe and play alone its always great to have a spotter or someone to help you.

Edited by raynor009

I find it so hard to choose a "favourite" weapon as I am great with so many of them. IF I had to, say, live with one for the rest of my time on DayZ.... I would pick the M110 TWS, DMR, or PKP.

G36K for DayZ Epoch

Pros

- Two Sights, one for close range and one for long range

- Good damage

- Good accuracy

- Cheap

Cons

- Not effective at 400+ meters

- Loud

I swear I have to mention the Bizon SD. 64 round clip and if you have two clips thats phenominal. 128 rounds of zombie headshots. Creeping thru town like a ninja.

Zombies on Vanilla are a tad more difficult so this especially applies to Vanilla.

Of course SMG's arent as good for PvP situations but im still not sure why more people dont love walking around with 60 rounds of silenced bullets, especially on Vanilla.