suniced

DayZ FPS and computer question!

so i just recently built a new computer to play games on. it can max out- far cry 3, metro last light, battlefield 3 etc.

first game i installed was dayz and i played on about 10 different servers. on 99% of them i had only around 20-25 fps.

ive played dayz in the past on a computer not as good as this one and gotten 35+ constant fps. 

all my drivers are also at the latest version.

specs- corsair 600w

amd-fx 8350 oc

geforce gtx 660 sc 2gb

8gb ram

500gb hdd

ive tried lowering the settings and that didn't really help at all. it seemed i was getting the same performance from low settings, to high settings. my video card temps are a little bit hot, but it stays under 80c at all times. Any thoughts? thanks.

so i just recently built a new computer to play games on. it can max out- far cry 3, metro last light, battlefield 3 etc.

first game i installed was dayz and i played on about 10 different servers. on 99% of them i had only around 20-25 fps.

ive played dayz in the past on a computer not as good as this one and gotten 35+ constant fps. 

all my drivers are also at the latest version.

specs- corsair 600w

amd-fx 8350 oc

geforce gtx 660 sc 2gb

8gb ram

500gb hdd

ive tried lowering the settings and that didn't really help at all. it seemed i was getting the same performance from low settings, to high settings. my video card temps are a little bit hot, but it stays under 80c at all times. Any thoughts? thanks.

#dealwithit

Some of us get 10 at most.

You're fine as you are... most of us are getting 10+ fps.. :/

but if you want more fps just as frankie has.. he's running on 60+ constant with recording.. you could check your hard drive speed..

Why cant a mod make a sticky or something to explain the reason of the low FPS in dayz? This topic must pop up 20 times a day ffs

No, don't just deal with it. Those seem like good enough specs to be getting much better fps than that. Once I found the advanced video settings tab in game, I screwed with those on mine for a week and kept getting slower and slower  rates. I finally just googled best settings for fps on dayz and found a couple videos and forum posts in agreement on what they should be and went with those. The only one I remember off the top of my head(I think) was dropping object detail as low as possible.  It does take away some of the realistic look, but hugely improved fps and certainly helped with finding stuff on the ground around helicopter crashes.

Sometimes you get good FPS, sometimes you don't. It's a gamble.

The SA should be out soon though, and that will (hopefully) be much more playable than the DayZ mod. 

No, don't just deal with it. Those seem like good enough specs to be getting much better fps than that. Once I found the advanced video settings tab in game, I screwed with those on mine for a week and kept getting slower and slower  rates. I finally just googled best settings for fps on dayz and found a couple videos and forum posts in agreement on what they should be and went with those. The only one I remember off the top of my head(I think) was dropping object detail as low as possible.  It does take away some of the realistic look, but hugely improved fps and certainly helped with finding stuff on the ground around helicopter crashes.

thanks i will definitely try that!

Take a look at this about FX processors and AmrA 2. http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/13152-amd-fx-cpus-and-arma-2/

Basically, if you're running a highly-intensive program on an FX processor and it does NOT utilize all your cores (ARMA 2 won't fully utilize anything above 4 cores), go to the BIOS and change the AMD ACTIVE CORE CONTROL to "1 Core per CU (Module)" and overclock as much as you can, and you will gain performance, even if you don't overclock. But if the program DOES utilize all of your cores, setting the CPU to only use 1 core per module will only decrease performance.

If you want other things to try check out my guide.