Sign in to follow this  
Bower

Characters aren't saving

I've joined a few servers and noticed that characters aren't being saved to the main database. I couldn't see a thread about this so thought I'd bring it up.

Edit

Well just joined a French server and it seems to be saving. Not sure if it was the master server or I just got unlucky with the servers I tried.

I've joined a few servers and noticed that characters aren't being saved to the main database. I couldn't see a thread about this so thought I'd bring it up.

Edit

Well just joined a French server and it seems to be saving. Not sure if it was the master server or I just got unlucky with the servers I tried.

Me and my friends, are having this issue too. We had joined multiple servers , and none of them saved our progress :-/

We though that was a problem in the main server so we stop playing and we're waiting for an update.

Regards

Multiple people are experiencing multi-deaths on NY 2. They get killed, relog and find themselves in the exact same place with their old gear. Could be a related issue. The connection with the hive server seems to be a bit err temperamental on the NY servers atm.

Just logged on and off a server to test this out.

Some of my progress was saved, but not all. Position in game was, but not load out. Load out was from a previous point, but no the point at which i joined the server.

Died to test this out. Got YOU ARE DEAD screen. went back to lobby and re-entered. Came back in same place bleeding out with long wait timer and all my gear.

Definately an issue with character server / client / server communication.

Norway1 not saving up progress, after restart spawning with very old position and gear... Is master server having saving problems?

It is an individual server administrator issue. One of the connecting applications requires a restart.

Hello, I'm an admin at Norway 1&2, but I have no access to the box.

As I understand it it's a different process than the two server exe's?

SO RCon wont do me any good?

Hello' date=' I'm an admin at Norway 1&2, but I have no access to the box.

[/quote']

I've sorted the application for now and notified silentspy.

It should be saving again. Let me know if it works.

Hello' date=' I'm an admin at Norway 1&2, but I have no access to the box.

[/quote']

I've sorted the application for now and notified silentspy.

It should be saving again. Let me know if it works.

Saving seems to work.. but old vehicles havent spawned.. please check this, I think server has not restarted correctly and not created saved vehicles:

Quote :Rocket Wrote: Tents disappearing are a result of the server admins (those providing and running the server), restarting the connecting application when it gets "hung" on startup. This then kickstarts the server into carrying on, but skipping vehicle and tent generation. On busy servers this can happen quite alot as the server is trying to create items and it cannot create them fast enough. So your tent is not lost, vehicles are not lost, but if server administrators don't restart the whole server, and just restart HIVE, then the vehicles and tents won't initialize properly and you get the situation you have described above

Yes its working now, got vehicles back, thanks!

edit: after server reboot at 18:45 GMT, vehicles disappeared again... is the automatic server restart programmed to do full reboot to spawn vehicles too?

NORWAY 1

After server restart about 02:00 GMT, characters are NOT SAVING... but vehicles spawned back???

Wtf is going on... when vehicles work, characters dont save and vice versa...

Norway 2 did not save when i was in there 1 hour ago. The tents are also still missing :(

EDIT: I think there was a restart at midnight. This caused it to become daylight, not saving and caused tents to disappear.