Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n (DayZ)

Anyone interested in making a new DayZ map?

Hey guys, I've been messing around with maps off of PlayWithSix, and I ran cross three very interesting maps. Zernovo, Moschyni, and Miroslavl. While the last is quite unfinished and poorly done(in my opinion), the other too are fairly well developed and have an interesting story. As most of you know, we are currently playing in the South Zagorian province of the much larger nation, Chernarus. These three maps are community projects to expand some of the armaverse surrounding Chernarus, and are all very interesting candidates for new DayZ maps. Moschnyi is the Southern most Chernarussian territory, and is an island with a small airstrip and some towns(it's still 2-3 times the size of Utes, similar in size to A3's Stratis). Zernovo is the rural countryside of Chernarus, mostly farms and smaller towns with an urban area. While they're not very big, they are very interesting Post Soviet Chernarussian maps that would make wonderful DayZ maps. So, anybody out there interested in making a new DayZ map, check these two out. You can find them on Armaholic or PlayWithSix.

• Like 2

Oh. I thought you meant from scratch... ;(

Me too, Chernarus has spoiled me and get bored on the smaller maps.

Well, I just suggested these three because they're all very unique, even though some of them are unfinished. Moschyni is the best done of them all, and it looks very nice from the ground. It's about 9km long but only 1-2km wide at most, so it's an interesting map. It's got plenty of farms, a load of industrial buildings on the Western side, and a small airstrip and some barracks. Military loot is pretty limited, with only the two barracks and a single firestation. No deerstands or hangars, so most people would be running around farm weapons(Enfields, CZ's, Winchester's). Backpacks would be hard to find, because there are no supermarkets. Just a school in the largest town. You can't put more than 4-5 vehicles on the map because it's so too small to have the same as chernarus. It should also only fit 20-30 players, while anything above 20 still wouldn't be too comfortable.

Small maps are not good. You need big maps like Chernarus for DayZ to work properly... This is also why I think Podagorsk will have a very short lifespan.

For anyone thanking of making a map, go big, bigger than Chernarus and more varied too if you can (yes I know how hard it'd be to make ).

Small maps are not good. You need big maps like Chernarus for DayZ to work properly... This is also why I think Podagorsk will have a very short lifespan.

For anyone thanking of making a map, go big, bigger than Chernarus and more varied too if you can (yes I know how hard it'd be to make ).

A 400km2 map may take a long time, but it's nothing that the real Virtuality engine couldn't handle. Sahrani? 400km2. Most of it was ocean, but that's no different than barren desert.