BigZam

1.7.1.4 near impossible?

I've been playing for a few weeks now.. And i feel that the Zombie aggro is near impossible to escape. If a zombie is on your screen it is probably chasing you.

When all of this is happening usually i am crouched and holding shift.. my eye meter and sound is at 1 bar. I feel like i should NOT be aggroing zombies from 100+ meters.

I understand that the mod is in process.. But it is seriously broken right now. For all the new players.. I would just wait some time and hopefully it gets fixed.

(The game was better a week ago)

Fix the aggro range.

Lower the bleed like 5h!tz or make it a procc chance that the wound can close itself up.

Fix super insane spawnrate in some towns. (friend aggroed a zombie in one of the smaller villages and increased his killcount with 160~.)

Open a bottle of champagne and its an awesome patch.

I died cause i was crawling on the ground,3 Zombies spotted me through the wall,door opened and they ran at me,i couldnt even stand up and run away.

Then i passed out cause i was below 9k blood and the game was over,should have waited for the new hotfix :dodgy:

The latest patch was a death sentence to everyone :P

However, I found that the best strategy was to not care about the zombies, crawling and crouching didn't help. They will lose you if you prone behind a tree or so, but it's risky. They can also lose you easily indoors, but if you have to engage them you do so easily with the axe.

Zombies are the least of your worries bud. People are faaaaaaar more dangerous than even 20 zombies. If you see someone and they see you, they will more than likely shoot you for your can of beans and 1 mag of ammo.

Zombies are the least of your worries bud. People are faaaaaaar more dangerous than even 20 zombies. If you see someone and they see you' date=' they will more than likely shoot you for your can of beans and 1 mag of ammo.

[/quote']

You dont even need stuff,got shot multiple times without even having a weapon

I actually like this now. You have to run behind them. No longer can you just jog in front of them without consequence. If there's a large group then you sure as hell better turn around or find another way to get through.

It's harder yes, but it's more on par with your typical zombie apocalypse style genres.

Good luck!

Impossible you say?! Sir, if it were impossible, I would have not taken a brand new character to Elecktro, loot a weapon, pack, and some supplies, go up the east coast, have my legs broken by a zombie, crawl from one town to another just to find some morphine, and find my Bus that I hid somewhere around the northern edge of the map.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about with this patch. Spent about 14 hours in game yesterday without dying hitting up deer stands solo, and scavenging Stary with a buddy. We both wound up breaking our legs and unable to find morphine, spent 2 maybe 3 hours crawling around looking for some in Stary before finding any.

When we saw zombies we either avoided them or crouched up and threw a smoke and got back down to crawl. They respond less to gunshots now from what I'm seeing, I can take down a Zed with a G17 or my buddy's M1911 without aggoing the ones on the other side of the fence - ONLY if no more than 1 shot is fired though.

The zombies act more realistically with this patch, they can see almost everything where they're facing so long as nothing's in the way. The only thing that still needs to be changed is that they don't appear to be attracted to flashlights, or care when one is shined on them. The game is harder but it just requires more thinking and planning to get where you're going in town.

I actually like this now. You have to run behind them. No longer can you just jog in front of them without consequence. If there's a large group then you sure as hell better turn around or find another way to get through.

It's harder yes' date=' but it's more on par with your typical zombie apocalypse style genres.

Good luck!

[/quote']

No. They're definitely waaay too sensitive now. I tested it out earlier because I knew I wasn't this bad at this to keep dying over and over. Before the patch I was exploring airfields with hundreds of zombie kills. Now I get seen/heard from huge distances.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about with this patch. [..]

Crawl up to a building and stand up while sneaking inside. Once you enter you make noise like driving through the building with a harley. You can sneak in the current build by going prone, although you can not loot buldings without attracting the whole city.

May not be a big hassle for ongoing characters. But it is definitely for new beginning ones without weapons. But the discussion will end soon. 7.5 fixes it :-)

It is already a confirmed bug. If you are on the woods or something then you will not notice, but once you hit a town, you have no chance. Zombies will come out of nowhere, see you through walls and all kind of obstacles. Even if you are in crouch mode, they come from nearly 100 meters away. As it is right now, you will always have around 5 zombies on your ass, although you watched out and tried to sneak around. You simply can't avoid them!!

From what I've seen, visual aggro is fine; it's sound aggro that keeps drawing everything. Apparently this is being fixed later today.

From what I've seen' date=' visual aggro is fine; it's sound aggro that keeps drawing everything. Apparently this is being fixed later today.

[/quote']

Agreed. Moot point tho... it's probably already fixed right now.... but I'm at work.... AARRRRGG!!

All I can do is watch this guy http://www.ephixalive.com/

I guess the zombies being so incredibly fast and hard to shake off will get worse in the future, for some different raisins:

1. Zombies cant be shalen off once they aggro, theoretically you can hide, but even if you somehow managed to get some distance between you and them, head around a corner and drop to the ground, they still see you as if you were standing straight up

2. Zombies dont give up, no matter what, the only exception here is either a ladder, stairs or a building, which brings us to point

3. I dont know if it is considered working as intended or considered a bug, but when inside a building, zombies only move very slowly, like being not aggro, there are two scenarios this will get worked out:

a)Zombies are also fast in buildings, but will give up after 3km chasing or less (or you CAN actually hide from them)

b)Zombies stay walking in buildings, though this makes as much sense as zombies with an orange as a head, and since this is a game concentrated on realism, i dont think it will stay that way

no offense btw, but there should be at least a way to get rid of zombies once they aggroed and you dont have a gun

So far, I am loving it.

I haven't experienced any aggro through walls. Yes, they see me from quite far off. I think that's fine.

I have spent a few lives practicing losing them, and now I can do it easily, but it is time consuming.

Of course, I might spend 15 minutes just approaching a barn.

As far as starting without gear, also love it.

It took me a while, but I finally moved north, avoiding the danger areas. I found some drink, some food, some ammo. Finally, I just picked up a 1911, and I feel like a king.

Also, tins are fantastic now, for distraction. I've thrown them to save my ass or distract quite a few times. Great stuff.

I think with bugs taken out, and a few tweaks, the zombie AI will be great.

I notice that when they aggro from afar, and I am running, they catch me up very quickly and then kind of just cruise behind me. WTH? Either they are faster than I am, or they aren't. If they can catch me up from THAT far away, I shouldn't be able to run with them trailing me. So it should be fixed, one way or the other.

tbh losing zombies is extremely easy just run around a building and lie down. I dont understand why people complain so much about zombies in city's. It is so easy to get around the city its not even funny. For the most part you can just crouch through it. Sure zombies still hit you through walls, but thats because this game is still being developed. Even when crawling in the middle of the day you just have to wait till no zombies are looking at you.

' pid='157322' dateline='1340223696']no offense btw' date=' but there should be at least a way to get rid of zombies once they aggroed and you dont have a gun

[/quote']

There is a way ... Run & hide, Ive done it many times already. You can run inside a building and out of the other side ... You can usually loose them this way.

Also' date=' tins are fantastic now, for distraction. I've thrown them to save my ass or distract quite a few times. Great stuff.[/quote']

How do you actually throw a empty can once its in your inventory? .... Ive played this game for a while now and this is one thing i can quite figure out?