Sign in to follow this  
ZombieKätzchen

Mods and Updates

Hi ^^

I've got a Q and I hope you understand what I mean ^^ I dont know much about Mods.

Is Chernarus something like the "main mod" and best updated and the others like taviana, celle etc are related to it?

or: Is each Mod, or each Server separately updated or does each mod/server update from one resource for the helpfull things? I mean things like Gender menu, the newest Fixed Bugs with bugged tents or repairing cars, New Items and Stuff.

and beside: do buildings which where not accessible automatically change by update? Or will they stay as they are, even newer house model which looks the same would be accessible now?

or is each littl thing always decided by the hoster? or just a few?

You see alot questions but in fact just one complicated one 

^^ Thanks for Answers

Greets

Meow

Chernarus is the default map in arma 2 and is the map that the original dayz mod is on. Any other map such as; Taviana, Namalsk or Lingor (just some examples) are fan made maps with the default mod, they may not be updated with the mod though. Mods like Epoch, Origins or Overwatch are mods which add content packs and custom content seperate from the default mod. This custom content may contain things like building that are not accesable in default dayz/arma 2. As for bugs they are dependant on the mod or arma 2 engine. Some servers add their own scripts which simply put, are very limited mods.

The more you know.

Edited by Spunkey Doodle